We join Iams, the fine sponsor of THE DAILY CAT, in wishing America's cat owners a holiday season of merry meows and peaceful purrs.
New York (Vocus) December 1, 2008
In an effort to provide cat lovers in the U.S. (88 million in 38 million homes) with useful, entertaining and innovative holiday gifts for their beloved pets, the editors of the award-winning syndicated online program THE DAILY CAT asked their team of pet experts and veterinarians for the 12 best cat products of the season. Complete descriptions are available to readers of THE DAILY CAT on any of its 207 online syndication partners. Iams is the exclusive sponsor of THE DAILY CAT
The holiday gifts were chosen to enhance a kitty’s standard of living in each area of its life:
- Sleep: Petmate’s Round Heated Cat Bed keeps your pet warm, cozy and comfortable at all times.
- Food: The LeBistro Electronic Portion Control Feeder dispenses preset portions of your cat’s favorite foods at specific times every day. (Cats love mealtime punctuality.)
- Fitness: The Complete Cat Gym, available at Cozy Cat Furniture online, is a majestic 9-level gym combining exercise and excitement to keep kitty trim and fit.
- Fun: Petmate’s Kitty Cat Playhouse includes toys, a plush carpet for deep scratching and lots of other “kitty komforts.”
- Fashion: The Tan Plaid Wool Coat for Cats is a great gift for cats that have short coats and feel the cold in winter. From the Web site The Gilded Paw, this easy-to-wash coat will keep your cat stylish and warm all winter long.
- Hygiene: The Self-cleaning Litter Box from LitterMaid comes with sealed, disposable waste receptacles and includes carbon filters that make waste easily disposable.
- Eco-consciousness: The Grow Your Own Organic Catnip Plant Kit offers lots of fun for you and your pet. Made by From the Field, the kit comes with catnip seeds, one peat pellet disk and a sample of catnip. It’s a gift that keeps on giving, providing ample supplies of fresh catnip -- preferred by discriminating cats over the dried kind.
- Comfort: The Relax-a-Cat, from Imperial Cat, features several scratching and playing surfaces. Thanks to its sleek look and feel, cats love to lounge and even sleep on it.
- Pampering: The four-in-one Cat Spa, from Hagen Living World, provides cats with a perfect grooming session, deeply penetrating fur for an intense massage while allowing cats to feel pressure under their paws. The toy also massages and cleans teeth and gums as cats gnaw on it.
- Skin Care: Shea Pet’s Shea Butter Skin Repair and Dander Care is a gentle herbal formula that helps control skin care issues, like dry skin and hot spots, while promoting a healthy coat. Try it for a holiday glow for kitty.
- Surroundings: SmartCat’s Kitty’s Garden is your cat’s personal indoor garden. It offers kitty its own menu of edible and highly nutritious plants, like oat, barley, rye and wheat grass, to chew on. These natural grass plants provide vitamins, help control hairballs and aid in digestion. Kitty's Garden comes with an elegant box, peat moss and organic seeds.
- Symbolic Gift: Pet Portrait Cat Bowl, by Tails of the Lake, is a personal designer cat dish that features a hand-painted portrait of your pet. Individually signed by the artist, the dish is microwavable and dishwasher-safe.
Andrew Susman, CEO of Studio One Networks and loving companion of his feline inamorata, Tussy, said, “We join Iams, the fine sponsor of THE DAILY CAT, in wishing America’s cat owners a holiday season of merry meows and peaceful purrs.”
About Studio One Networks
Established in 1998, Studio One Networks pioneered the discipline of Internet content syndication for megabrands and major media partners. Today, Studio One is the oldest, largest and most successful firm in the field. Studio One’s diversified stable of exclusive sponsors and programs includes Nestl? (YOUR BABY TODAY), Symantec (CIO STRATEGY CENTER) and Bridgestone USA (DRIVING TODAY). Every day, Studio One reaches more than 112 million viewers globally through 500 syndication partners in 14 languages.