Every day, we see the commitment our customers and partners dedicate to advancing the modeling and simulation industry by delivering cutting-edge mission-critical applications. These awards are designed to recognize excellence and honor the outstanding achievements of our customers and partners for all the innovative work they do
Orlando, FL (PRWEB) December 1, 2008
Presagis™, a leading provider of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) modeling, simulation and embedded display graphics software, is proud to announce the winners of the 2008 Presagis Awards, recognizing the creativity and innovation of customers and partners using Presagis COTS software solutions. The awards will be handed out at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) taking place this week in Orlando, Florida.
"Every day, we see the commitment our customers and partners dedicate to advancing the modeling and simulation industry by delivering cutting-edge mission-critical applications. These awards are designed to recognize excellence and honor the outstanding achievements of our customers and partners for all the innovative work they do," said Patrice Commune, President, Presagis.
This year's Presagis award winners include:
- Best 3D Models - Cantaloupe|3D: Based in Berlin, Cantaloupe was recognized for its use of Creator™, Creator Terrain Studio and Vega Prime™ to build a series of three, highly realistic low-poly models that simulate military vehicles.
- Best Database - AEgis: Huntsville, Alabama-based AEgis Technologies won for its development of a powerful database, which was created using Creator and Terra Vista™ DART to render photo-realistic, real-time models of the venues at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The resulting models were leveraged by U.S. television network NBC in its coverage of the Olympic Games.
- Most Innovative Solution - Rontal Applications: Rontal, a software maker founded by a group of Israeli air force pilots, took advantage of Creator and Creator Terrain Studio to build SimGuard, a revolutionary incident management system designed to help security managers. By providing high-resolution 3D visualizations, Rontal brings real and virtual worlds together allowing for the creation of step-by-step emergency management guidance - thus enhancing site safety, security, facility management and business continuity.
- Best Extension Based on API - General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited: The creator of SoftMap, an open, portable software digital map component, General Dynamics is known for its mapping expertise. To provide customers precise navigation, terrain displays, and full tactical situational awareness, General Dynamics connected SoftMap to VAPS™ and VAPS XT by extending the Presagis 2D Map Object.
- Best Visualization Application - CAD Center Corporation: Tokyo-based CAD Center Corporation used Creator and Vega Prime to build unique image generation functionality into ship handling simulation systems for maritime training.
- Most Valuable Industry Partner - Concurrent Computer Corporation: Concurrent is the creator of the ImaGen, a high-performance, low-latency image generation host platform that is fully integrated with Presagis visual rendering software including Lyra™ and Vega Prime. Presagis recognizes Concurrent's commitment to delivering value to its customers through a fully integrated Linux/COTS PC IG.
Submissions in all categories were evaluated on content, supporting documentation, and criteria specific to each category. For more information visit http://www.presagis.com.
Presagis is a world leader in commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) modeling, simulation, and embedded display graphics software, and creator of the first unified COTS modeling and simulation software portfolio for the global aerospace and defense markets. Presagis is built on a combined legacy of innovation and service, delivering superior customer value through rapid technology advancement. The company services more than 1,000 active customers worldwide, including many of the world's most respected organizations such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, BAE Systems and CAE. For more information, visit http://www.presagis.com.