We drop the ad-serving bandwidth to zero, while greatly enhancing the user experience.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 2, 2008
Ultramercial announced today the production and availability of its new Ultracelerator™, a high-performance ad server and software package that is installed on-site at Wi-Fi locations.
"We designed this product to provide airports and hotels with our high CPM ad model, but without the latency and cost of constantly pulling that advertising from the Internet," said Jim Smith, Ultramercia's CTO. "We drop the ad-serving bandwidth to zero, while greatly enhancing the user experience."
Ultramercial has six years of experience marketing and serving their patented "attention-for-access" ad format, that asks users to engage with a 35 second full-screen interactive ad in exchange for premium content or services that would otherwise cost money.
The Ultracelerator comes pre-installed with Ultramercial's complete library of ads, and the software to integrate these ads into a hotspot's user experience.
"Users get an honest and clear value proposition from our ad model," said Ultramercial's director of ad sales on the west coast, Janelle Amrhein. "We've had phenomenal click-through rates with content sites like The Economist and ABC News, along with our free airtime minutes program with Virgin Mobile. Now, we're expanding to bring free Wi-Fi access to airports and hotels."
Ultramercial has already successfully powered Free-Fi's Wi-Fi access at both Denver International Airport and Oakland International Airport.
"The Ultracelerator is a 1U 19-inch rackmount server that brings the functionality of our CDN servers into a closed Wi-Fi environment," added Smith. "This unit offers users the choice between paying or engaging with the sponsor. A small percentage will want to pay, while the majority will choose the ad. Our partners are able to monetize the entire demand curve."
Ultracelerator's key advantages include:
- Full-screen multi-page ads, rich in video and Flash, which are served directly from the unit.
- The only outside bandwidth consumed is to load new campaigns and report on performance, greatly reducing the advertising bandwidth by 1000x or more. Additionally, this local deployment typically saves up to 33% of total bandwidth consumed at Ultramercial Wi-Fi partners' locations.
- Latency is cut to near-zero. Users see Ultramercial ads immediately and never wait a moment for it to load.
- The Ultracelerator is delivered with Ultramercial's proprietary and patented software pre-installed, plus their complete library of Ultramercial ad units. Customized user interfaces on a per-location basis can also be pre-loaded. New ads are uploaded remotely, and automatically.
- Redundancy is built in. Mirrored drives and large RAM allocations make the unit fast and reliable.
About Ultramercial, LLC:
Ultramercial, LLC markets its patented business model and ad unit that grants Internet users free access to premium content after choosing to watch and engage with its full-screen multi-page commercials. Ultramercial, LLC is privately held, headquartered in Palos Verdes Estates, California with offices serving Los Angeles, New York and Detroit. The company maintains contracts with a network of online publishers and advertisers. Information is available at http://www.ultramercial.com. Ultramercial is a registered trademark of Ultramercial, LLC. IP protected by US Patent 7,346,545, with additional patent pending.