Winter Haven, FL (PRWEB) December 3, 2008
DocuLex™ (http://www.doculex.com), announces the completion and free availability of "Why Electronic Document Management?", the white paper providing a modern outlook of document management options and benefits, authored by industry pioneer and current DocuLex President, David Bailey.
Electronic document management means learning to manage content and the documents that support it in a digital world, including:
- Document Management - The management and retrieval of both paper scanned images and electronic files such a MS-Word, Excel, PDF, AutoCAD and email
- Document Imaging - The retrieval of document images, with an association to supporting data
- Content Management - Content management is a set of processes and technologies that support the evolutionary life cycle of digital information
- Records Management - Generally thought of as retention policy making for paper, electronic images and data
- Document Capture - The capture of paper from an electronic scanner, such as a digital copier, scanner and fax. In addition to images, Index data such as a name, number or document type descriptions are generally collected during the capture process. Document Capture will store the scanned documents on hard drives, network or CD with no capability to manage, locate or retrieve the documents at a later date.
Consider the importance of managing digital information and maintaining the integrity of the document as the source. Managing digital documents requires a certain degree of discipline. Consider the following:
- What is the document?
- Why is it needed?
- How will the documents be accessed and used?
- Who needs access to it?
- Is the information sensitive?
- Am I fulfilling my responsibilities for legal compliance and privacy laws?
- How long the documents are active and frequently reviewed vs. archived for legal retention?
- How long the information must be kept?
To access "Why Electronic Document Management?" visit http://www.doculex.com/WhitePaperRequest.asp.
Incorporated in 1996, Winter Haven, Florida-based DocuLex creates non-proprietary content management software for use with desktop and production document scanners, as well as digital multifunctional copiers, facsimile and wide format units. Through an extensive international reseller channel, the company offers network-enabled document capture and image processing software along with browser-based document and content management, collaboration, email archiving, journaling and compliance, knowledge management, workflow and records retention programs, bundled and offered as Archive Studio. Archive Studio is easy to use, productive electronic document management software for any business environment seeking secure Instant Document Access. See http://www.doculex.com for program information and demonstrations.