Ferndale, WA (PRWEB) December 1, 2008
M Studio, an Asbury Park, NJ design and marketing firm, is working with clients in new and innovative ways to survive the turbulent economy. In an effort to retain current clientele, and earn new business, the design and marketing firm is executing a series of initiatives to secure recession-proof relationships with customers.
Why go to such lengths? Co-owners Jenna Zilincar and Natalie Papailiou realize the importance of working with clients - in goods times and bad. They also recognize that consistency in marketing is key. In the past, companies who continued to market themselves in recessions and economic downturns were the better for it; helping to solidify clientele and better preparing them for the next upswing in the economy.
Papailiou and Zilincar offer the following tips to marketers and companies that are tightening their belts, but want continued exposure for their businesses:
- The Barter System is Alive and Well! M Studio has been willing to accept services or trade from companies who need to cut back on their marketing budgets. Cutting down fees in exchange for massages, free tickets, ad space, sponsorship opportunities or even food (depending on the nature of the business, naturally) makes everyone happy.
- Timing is everything…use the economic downturn to your advantage. Believe it or not, a slow time is the best time to advertise and promote your business. When companies are deluged with clients and busy schedules, they don't always focus on their brochure, website, advertisements, newsletters, press releases, etc. Companies must use the downtime to their advantage and devote it to the promotion of their business- or it will never get done! Use any downtime to promote your business through print collateral, press releases and media relations, as well as print and online advertisements.
- Adapt Rates to Accommodate Your Client. To help customers, M Studio has been willing to strategically utilize staff to reduce their billable hour. Instead of using company principals on every project, they diversify their client teams. Junior designers and copywriters are more involved in the design process and are used more frequently on a variety of projects. These junior designers and copywriters are closely supervised by senior staff. It's not getting the company principals; however, this arrangement allows clients to pay a more cost-effective hourly rate, and M Studio is able to meet their customers' marketing and design needs.
- Cut costs where they won't be easily recognized. Choosing a cheaper paper stock (instead of a high-quality stock) allows businesses to still send direct-mail pieces - but at a fraction of the cost. Sending an electronic newsletter instead of a paper newsletter is also a great way to keep in touch with clients without having to spend advertising dollars on printing and mailing. M Studio also recommends online advertising as a supplement to traditional media placements. The Internet is a great venue for myriads of people to be exposed to a product or business. With many people online searching for discounts, deals and special promotions, placing online ads - big or small - can increase exposure among a large target audience.
- CO-OP Advertising. Want that full page ad in the local paper or a glossy magazine, but don't have the cash? Get other local business (preferably located right near you) to do a group advertisement. Each business pays the same dollar amount for the same exposure. Although the ad is not entirely devoted to your business, it's still a way to touch your client base without breaking your bank. Companies can use this technique with direct-mail pieces that boast special promotions like discounts, dining deals or customer-appreciation initiatives. Work with your local Chamber of Commerce or similar business groups, as it is a great way to learn more about potential co-op advertising partners.
M Studio is a design and marketing firm located at 626 Mattison Avenue in Asbury Park, NJ. As a full service entity, M Studio offers branding, innovative logo and print designs, copyrighting and web design, as well as advertisements, signage and design consultation. M Studio was founded in 2004 by Jenna Zilincar and Natalie Papailiou. The duo recently re-located their business to Asbury Park in June 2008. The company's clients include the Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce, Taka, Krauss Roofing, 180: Turning Lives Around, Lightly Salted Surf Shop and Philips Electronics - to name a few. For more information on M Studio, visit http://www.mdidit.com or call 732-721-0890.
# # #