Simsbury, CT (PRWEB) December 4, 2008
The Web Marketing Association judges will select the best online newsletters of 2009 in 86 industries as part of their 7th annual Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) Awards. The IAC Awards are the first and only industry-based advertising award competition dedicated exclusively to online advertising. Companies or agencies wishing to nominate their work for consideration may do so at http://www.iacaward.org before the deadline of January 30, 2000.
"Online newsletters are a critical marketing tool for many companies trying to maintain an ongoing relationship with customers and prospects," said William Rice, president of the Web Marketing Association. "Each Online newsletter will be judged on creativity, innovation, impact, design, copywriting, and use of the medium. The IAC Awards provides an opportunity to find out who is doing an outstanding job creating online newsletters. It's also a great marketing opportunity for the winners to promote to senior management, customers and prospects".
The 2009 Internet Advertising Competition Awards will accept entries from 86 industries, including airline, biotech, B2B, consumer goods, education, health care, financial services, professional services, technology and travel just to name a few. Entries judged to be outstanding will receive an IAC Award. The entry receiving the highest score in each industry will be recognized as the best online newsletter for that industry.
The 2008 Best of Show winner for Online Newsletter was BGT Partners for FedEx LAC Sales Team Intranet Redesign. The newsletter was also recognized as the Best Intranet Online Newsletter.
Other Award Winning Online Newsletters for 2008 included:
- Air Canada's webSaver Best Airline Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Air Canada
- WebabilityTrend Best Consulting Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Azavar Technologies Corporation
- PuR Newsletter Promotion Best Consumer Goods Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Bridge Worldwide
- frog Design Mind Best Design Online Newsletter campaign submitted by frog design inc.
- Dole Nutrition Newsletter Best Food Industry Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Dole Nutrition Institute
- DCFL Newsletter Program Best Health Care Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Bridge Worldwide
- FedEx LAC Sales Team Intranet Redesign Best Intranet Online Newsletter campaign, Best of Show Online Newsletter campaign submitted by BGT Partners & FedEx
- MarketMinder.com Best Mutual Fund Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Bridge Worldwide
- Natural Resources Defense Council Newsletter Best Non-Profit Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Northridge Interactive
- WEEKLY FISHING TACKLE AND OUTDOOR GEAR GIVEAWAYS Best Online Community Online Newsletter campaign submitted by First Light Net
- LEGO Indiana Jones Newsletter Best Retail Online Newsletter campaign submitted by Responsys Inc.
- VISIT FLORIDA Special Interest eMagazine Program Best Travel Online Newsletter campaign submitted by VISIT FLORIDA & Miles Media
In addition to online newsletters, Awards will be presented within each of the industry categories and advertising formats such as:
- Online ad (including banner, pop-up or interstitial)
- Online ad campaign
- Rich media online ad
- Rich Media ad campaign
- Email message
- Online newsletter campaign
- Web site
- Integrated ad campaign
- Ads the client did not choose
Industries represented in the 2009 IAC Awards include the following: advertising, advocacy, airline, application service provider, arts, associations, auction, automobile, b2b, bank, beverage, biotechnology, broadcasting, brokerage, catalog, computer hardware, computer retailer, computer software, construction, consulting, consumer goods, credit union, design, directory or search engine, diversified business, education, email, employment, energy, entertainment, events, e-zine, faith-based, family, financial services, food industry, game site, general interest, government, health care, home building, hotel and lodging, information services, institutional services, insurance, interactive services, international business, internet service provider, intranet, investor relations, investment, legal, leisure, magazine, marketing, manufacturing, media, medical, military, movie, music, mutual fund, news, newspaper, non-profit, online community, other, pharmaceuticals, portal, professional services, public relations, publishing, radio, real estate, regional, restaurant, retail, school, shopping, small business, sports, telecommunication, toy & hobby, transportation, travel and university.
Best of show award for each format will be selected from among the industry winners. Ads eligible for entry in the competition must have run during the period from January 1, 2008 through January 30, 2009 (except for the Ads the client did not choose format which do not have to have run.) Entries may be submitted online at http://www.iacaward.org. The deadline for entry is January 30, 2009 and will be judged on creativity, innovation, impact, design, copywriting, and use of the medium.
Judging for the Internet advertising Competition Awards will take place in February, 2009, and winners will be notified by e-mail one week prior to the general announcement of winners in March, 2009. Judges will consist of a select group of Internet advertising professionals with an in-depth understanding of the current state-of-the-art in Web advertising. Past competition judges have included top executives from leading corporations, institutions and media organizations such as Ogilvy Interactive, Blattner Brunner, Comedy Central, Sun Microsystems, National Cable & Telecom Association, Refinery, Euro RSCG, EPB Interactive, New York Post Interactive, The Cincinnati Enquirer, J. Walter Thompson, Xerox, Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Modem Media, and Answerthink.
The 2009 Internet Advertising Competition Awards are sponsored by Burst Media, BGT Partners, PRWeb, AllBusiness, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, Microsoft PopPhizz, Snap.com, Internet World UK, Search Engine Strategies, Webmaster Radio, Rovion and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks all of its sponsors for helping to make this annual competition possible.
About the Web Marketing Association
The Web Marketing Association (http://www.webmarketingassociation.org) is an organization working to create a high standard of excellence for Web site development and marketing on the Internet. Staffed by volunteers, it is made up of Internet marketing, advertising, PR and design professionals who share an interest in improving the quality of advertising, marketing and promotion used to attract visitors to Web sites.