Women are hungry for a life of focus, meaning, and accomplishment
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) December 3, 2008
Life coach Ann Daly PhD offers advice to ambitious women who want to live large in 2009. Excerpted from Dr. Daly's new ebook, "A Year of Clarity: The Monthly Guide for Women." What are the best New Year's resolutions for ambitious women?
"Women are hungry for a life of focus, meaning, and accomplishment," explains life coach Ann Daly, PhD. "In order to commit to that life, women need to begin by getting clear about what they want. They need to unclutter their minds and hearts."
In her new e-book, "A Year of Clarity: The Monthly Guide for Women" ($16.95, Wollemi Pine Press), Dr. Daly shows women how to claim and achieve their ambition, whether it's for the C-suite, work-life balance, or a creative calling.
What is the best way to begin a year of clarity? Dr. Daly suggests these New Year's resolutions:
1. Tame the female ego -- If men feel the need to be in control, women feel the need to please. Ask yourself: "Am I doing this because I want to do the right thing, or because I'm afraid to be seen as selfish, bitchy, rude...?"
2. Just say "No!" -- Every time you begrudgingly reply "Yes" to someone else's priorities, you say "No" to your own.
3. Add Mozart to the mix -- This measured, buoyant music is an immediate antidote to the manic moment. You'll find yourself able to breathe, relax, and focus.
4. Don't say "should" -- Eliminate the word from your vocabulary. Find alternatives such as "want" that declare your power and responsibility to make choices.
5. Stop Multitasking -- It's not a productivity tool. It's an excuse for perpetual distraction. Instead, plan your time well enough to focus on one task--or person--at a time.
To request a review copy or schedule an interview, contact Ann Daly at: 512/454-0531.
Ann Daly, PhD, is a life coach, speaker, and author based in Austin, Texas. Formerly a women's studies professor, she is an expert on the changing lives of professional women. The author of five books, Dr. Daly is the "Transitions" coaching columnist for Your Address magazine and the host of BookWisdom, a salon that encourages books as a resource to inspire and improve women's lives. Dr. Daly has been featured on "The Coaching Show" and in the Austin-American Statesman. For more details, visit: http://www.anndaly.com.