Seattle, WA (PRWEB) December 10, 2008
OpenHelix today announced the availability of a new tutorial suite on the Comprehensive Microbial Resource (CMR). CMR is a public resource for the analysis of prokaryotes, including the complete sequences of all publicly available microbial genomes. In addition to the OpenHelix tutorials on Integrated Microbial Genomes (IMG) and others, this tutorial will give the researcher access to a trove of microbial genome data.
The tutorial suite, available for single purchase or through a low-priced yearly subscription to all OpenHelix tutorials, contains a narrated, self-run, online tutorial, slides with full script, handouts and exercises. With the tutorial, researchers can quickly learn to effectively and efficiently use this resource. This tutorial will teach users:
- to query for genes and genomes from CMR
- to analyze a gene, from its sequence level to its biological function
- to explore genomes from different perspectives
- to compare genomes from multiple organisms with a vast array of visual tools
- to save genes and genomes into your own tool Cart for in-depth analysis
OpenHelix, LLC, provides the genomics knowledge you need when you need it. OpenHelix currently provides online self-run tutorials and on-site training for institutions and companies on the most powerful and popular free, web based, publicly accessible bioinformatics resources. In addition, OpenHelix is contracted by resource providers to provide comprehensive, long-term training and outreach programs.