Beltsville, MD (PRWEB) December 4, 2008
It's that time of year when people throw caution to the wind and eat and drink things they might normally avoid. For many people, abundant amounts of rich food and drink are the hallmark of the holiday season from Thanksgiving through New Year's. People look forward to the parties, social gatherings and family meals as opportunities for them to abandon their self-discipline and enjoy all the festive season has to offer. Even the most disciplined can find themselves feeling "under the weather" the morning after. Too much alcohol and rich food affects the kidneys, liver, stomach and small intestines, which explains some of what is happening to the body. Dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, gastrointestinal disturbances and disruption of sleep are some of the not so pleasant results. Even though the season is short, the effects can be long and difficult to endure.
Interestingly, most of the "cures" for a hangover actually add more toxins to the body in the form of additional alcohol, sugar and caffeine. This means they can make people feel even more spaced out, foggy and confused, which is just what they are trying to avoid. So, this holiday season why not plan ahead? Here are some tips for a speedy hangover recovery:
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water. Alcohol will dehydrate (just ask any beer drinker) and then concentrate in the liver. Drink at least one glass of water for every alcoholic beverage consumed.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants that can help combat the free-radical damage from the highly toxic alcohol by-product acetaldehyde.
- Have a breakfast with colorful fruits and vegetables for the most antioxidants and skip the deep-fried and sugarcoated foods.
- Avoid having coffee and beverages with caffeine since they can cause further dehydration.
- Take a probiotic supplement, such as Vidazorb™ with Masquelier's® OPC's! This helps the body replenish the healthy bacteria that the alcohol may have destroyed while protecting against free-radical induced cellular damage. (It's a lot easier to get the benefits of probiotics in a delicious chewable tablet than to swallow yogurt, kefir or sauerkraut when one is in this delicate state!)
Probiotics and OPC's will have several positive effects:
- Vidazorb™ helps settle the stomach - it's difficult to drink even water if the stomach is upset.
- Vidazorb™ helps combat nausea - enough said!
- Vidazorb™ with Masquelier's® Original OPC is especially helpful. It can aid the liver in the metabolization of alcohol thus minimizing its deleterious effects both short term (hangover) and long term (liver damage).
How Probiotics and OPC's Work:
Probiotic strains, like those found in Vidazorb™, can help re-colonize healthy bacteria in the gut that the alcohol may have damaged, while antioxidants, such as Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins, or OPCs, help protect against free radical stress in the liver and the depletion of enzymatic and nutritional antioxidant defenses elsewhere in the body. Vidazorb™ is full of healthy bacteria (microflora), which benefit the stomach, gut and liver by aiding in the processes of digestion, absorption and excretion.
Some formulations of Vidazorb™, the new line of chewable probiotics, offer more supplementation to help the body recover. Vidazorb™ +OPC and Vidazorb™ SuperC also aid in feeling better by the inclusion of Masquelier's® OPCs. These important phytonutrients strengthen the network of veins and capillaries that carry blood flow throughout the body while helping rid it of toxins. Vidazorb™ with Masquelier's® OPCs, is an especially a smart choice when one wakes up with a hangover. Keep the bottle next to the bed, too, as Vidazorb™ formulations require no refrigeration.
Vidazorb™ represents the development of superior shelf-stable, chewable probiotic formulations to provide essential support for core health needs. Research and development, together with a commitment to quality and efficacy, defines Vidazorb™ as a brand of integrity and excellence. For more information, visit http://www.Vidazorb.com.