Boston, MA (PRWEB) December 8, 2008
Cercone Brown & Co., a Boston-based public relations and marketing firm, will now call New York City home as well. The firm opened its new Seventh Avenue office to better service the city's lifestyle and business media on behalf of its growing client base.
The expansion is coupled with the creation of its new approach to servicing its diverse PR client base, which ranges from Hasbro and Quiksilver to and GMAC Insurance and environmental technology innovators Sabertec.
"Our job is to turn the word 'campaign' from a noun to a verb, often deploying brand ideas in non-traditional channels," said firm partner Len Cercone. "In terms of PR, we blend traditional media relations with social media, blog relations, events, retail promotions and many other tactics. This approach calls for cohesive, dedicated teams that work as needed across all client businesses."
The new operational units are:
- Social Media Task Force: Headed by former IBM Consulting executive Robin Pifer, this group takes campaigns digital, leveraging the grassroots groundswell of Facebook, blogs, YouTube, video sharing and all the other swirling elements of online communications.
- Lifestyle Media: headed by Noelle Guerin, this team specializes in product publicity in high-level print and broadcast media. They also run our Winter and Summer House programs in Park City and Nantucket, respectively.
- Brand Activation: Led by former Disney events pro Robin Whalen, these group get it done when the brand needs to break out in the real world. At the moment, they're running a Hasbro mobile tour and field marketing program, as well as an exciting inner-city grassroots program for Olivia's Organics.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Just like it sounds, this group focuses on cause-related and green initiatives. The group is run by Caroline Budney, who holds a degree in environmental science. Capabilities include not only digital and traditional marketing, but also terrific depth in research and polling.
- News Management: For business media and working newsrooms, CBC created this group headed by Anne Houseman. With two former journalists on staff, these pros know what it takes to make the news, from local broadcast to the business pages of the Wall Street Journal.
The company has also recently launched a blog designed to help businesses navigate the changing economic, environmental on social landscape, with practical how-to advice and insights. For more information, visit http://www.eco-optimism.org.
About CerconeBrown & Co
Founded in 2001, CerconeBrown provides a variety of services to companies from all walks of life. The company has worked with leading brands that include adidas, Hasbro Inc., GMAC Insurance, Nantucket Nectars, Orvis, Cognos, Sperry Top-Sider, K2, The Timberland Company, Vibram and ZOOTS. For more information, visit http://www.cerconebrown.com.