We are excited to bring the next generation of Gryphon readers to the worldwide AutoID market. Customers ask for Datalogic Gryphon readers by name, often because of the unique patented 'Green Spot' aiming technology. We anticipate immediate, favorable market acceptance of this new product.
Eugene, Oregon (Vocus) December 4, 2008
Datalogic Scanning is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the newest addition to the highly respected Gryphon™ line of handheld readers; Datalogic's premium handheld scanning product line. The new Gryphon I GD4100 linear imager features Datalogic's patented 'Green Spot' aiming technology while providing the fastest reading and decoding performance and furthering its reputation as the most durable device in this class of handheld readers.
Building on a Heritage of Product Excellence
"Gryphon readers have become synonymous with handheld scanning. Leveraging this phenomenal success, the new Gryphon Imagers' optics and electronics have been enhanced to offer the ideal mix of performance and features in a single product," said Dave Sullivan, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing. "We are excited to bring the next generation of Gryphon readers to the worldwide AutoID market. Customers ask for Datalogic Gryphon readers by name, often because of the unique patented 'Green Spot' aiming technology. We anticipate immediate, favorable market acceptance of this new product."
Excelling in Demanding Environments
Capable of reading all standard 1D bar codes as well as the maturing GS1 DataBar® stacked codes, the Gryphon Imager is the perfect solution for even the most demanding general purpose scanning applications. With a rich feature set, the Gryphon Imager is unequaled at increasing productivity in a wide variety of scanning environments including retail point-of-sale, office administration, hospitals, and pharmacies, but it was designed to excel in even more rugged sectors, such as postal, logistics, warehousing, manufacturing and light industrial environments.
Innovative Technology Delivers Best Performance and Features
- The Gryphon Imager is known for its stylish design; now smaller and lighter, its ergonomic design reduces operator fatigue while providing the ultimate in user comfort in even the most scan-intensive applications.
- With Datalogic's patented 'Green Spot', the Gryphon Imager offers intuitive aiming and good-read feedback even under the dimmest lighting conditions and noisiest environments, making this imager the perfect solution for manufacturing and light industrial applications where other scanners can't compete.
- Newly optimized, state-of-the-art decoding software speeds scanning performance on hard-to-read, poorly printed and even damaged bar codes, improving user productivity and reducing total cost of ownership (TCO). Faster than competitive scanners, it reads undamaged labels within 40 milliseconds
- With an extended depth-of-field, the Gryphon Imager reads bar codes from contact to over one meter away and most codes from extreme angles.
- The Gryphon Imager reads codes smaller than 3 mils, making it the ideal solution for small high-density, labels used on parts and assemblies in light industrial, manufacturing and textile environments.
- With a protective over-molded enclosure for durability, no moving parts add to the Gryphon Imager's reliability. Awarded the highest environmental sealing and drop resistance ratings in this scanner class, it is backed with a five-year warranty for reduced TCO and peace of mind.
- Datalogic's Aladdin™ desktop configuration software provides free, flexible and intuitive installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades for not only the new Gryphon Imager but most other Datalogic Scanning handheld readers. This configuration software is well-suited for not only inexperienced users but facilitates Reseller pre-configuration for customer-specific scanning applications.
- The combination of Flash Memory and Remote Host Download lowers service costs, improves operations and facilitates device maintenance with hassle-free field firmware upgrades using a serial interface.
- Two sets of multi-interface options offer configuration flexibility while the use of a standard Datalogic Scanning cable set helps to optimize cable stocking for resellers.
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
- A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
- Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
- Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic is a registered trademark of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries and the Datalogic logo, Datalogic Aladdin, and Gryphon are trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit http://www.scanning.datalogic.com or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.