San Diego, CA (PRWEB) December 8, 2008
It's official: the US is in a recession. And marketers are caught in a catch-22: budgets are being cut and travel expenses eliminated but they still need to network, to learn and to drive greater return for the dollars spent for the very same reason. What's a marketer to do? Now, thanks to the Online Marketing Summit (OMS), the premier educational event for marketing professionals, help is on the way. With start of its annual three-day, must-attend, education-only conference and new Online Marketing Essentials Certification just around the corner, OMS is cutting through recession doom-and-gloom by throwing a life-line to beleaguered marketers everywhere. OMS Founder Aaron Kahlow today announced a $10,000 Bailout Plan and discounts to help even the most cash-strapped attend the 2009 OMS on February 4-7, in San Diego, California.
"Marketers are a community, and we're all aware of the challenges each of us faces in tough economic times," said Kahlow. "And the irony is that just when people are most in need of education and resources, companies are cutting funding and individuals simply can't afford the out-of-pocket expense. Through education, resources and networking, OMS gives marketers the tools they need to thrive even when they economy isn't, and I wanted that to be accessible to everyone."
As part of the $10,000 Bailout Plan, OMS invites marketers to apply for financial aid at http://www.onlinemarketingsummit.com/financial-aid/default.php, with a simple explanation of why they want to attend this year's conference and their financial needs. For those being forced to pay all or part of the expense out of their own pocket, OMS is providing a $99/mo payment plan and reduced costs up to 50%. In addition, OMS is offering discounted conference rates for those who sign up early or with their friends.
In addition, this year's conference will place special emphasis on successful online marketing during a recession, with panels, speakers, and consulting, including the following:
- Free on-site company website analysis: Through work with an OMS-certified expert, attendees will receive a full website consultation with evaluation of current usability and search elements and a strategy for improvement
- Viral marketing and social media strategies: Requiring only a small budget, these online marketing tools can yield high returns for those who know how to use them.
- The rebirth of email: In flush times, email wasn't nearly as exciting as an expensive direct mailer, but now email is making a resurgence. Learn how to use it well and wisely.
- Retrenching in search: Learn techniques that are more cost-effective and measurable than traditional search engine marketing.
OMS has also expanded its roster of speakers and panelists. New educators include:
- Analytics: Jim Sterne, Founder, Web Analytic Association; Shane Atchison, CEO, ZAAZ
- Search Marketing: Rand Fishkin, CEO, SEOmoz; Anna Maria Virizi, Senior Editor, ClickZ
- Social Media: Jermiah Owyang, Senior Social Media Analyst, Forrester Research
- Website/Usability: Tim Ash, Author of Landing Page Optimization
- Email Marketing: Jeanniey Mullen, CMO, Zinio, and Founder, Email Experience Council
- Online PR: Dana Todd, Chairman, SEMPO, and CEO, Newsforce
- Integrated Strategy: Steve Ennen, Managing Director, Wharton Interactive Media Research Initiative
To learn more about the 2009 Online Marketing Summit, including a list of speakers and events, visit http://www.onlinemarketingsummit.com.
About the Online Marketing Summit (OMS)
The Online Marketing Summit (OMS) is truly unique from any other conference. There are no vendors, no salesmen, no exhibitors/booths and no pitching allowed. The application process ensures only attendees who are serious about trying to gain a competitive advantage through education. The environment facilitates networking and collaboration amongst like-minded marketing peers. This summer tour will be attended by at least 2000 professionals who are passionate about marketing. OMS has the simple mission to educate marketers on the emerging best practice of online marketing.