Moving your family can be one of the most stressful events you can go through
Boston, MA (PRWEB) December 10, 2008
Humboldt Storage and Moving is greater Boston's largest and oldest moving company. They have been moving families for over 100 years in all types of weather and seasons. They offer these tips to make moving in the winter much less stressful.
- Keep a close eye on the weather: This may sound simple but keeping an eye on the weather can make the difference between a relaxing move and one that can leave you stressed out for days. If moving to another state, plan in advance for snowy weather and delays. Also, be sure that your driveway and walkways are shoveled out for the moving crew and trucks. If it's your new home, remember it may not be shoveled out if it snows. Plan accordingly and bring a shovel.
- Select your moving company carefully: When interviewing a moving company, make sure they have the experience in moving families in all climates. Moving in the cold weather can be a stressful experience so make sure you have a team that has moving experience in snow, ice, etc… Make sure they have a plan for taking care of your items in bad weather.
- Think twice before moving yourself in the winter: Carrying large bulky items in snowy weather and ice can be dangerous to you and the people who have volunteered to help. A professional moving company knows the ins and outs of moving in all weather conditions. They can keep you safe and keep your possessions from getting damaged.
- Leave plenty of extra time: Traveling in any manner whether it's driving or flying in winter months can be delayed for a number of reasons. Leave plenty of time to get to your new home and understand that your movers could be delayed if they hit bad weather.
- As always, prepare your children in advance for the move- It may take longer to move in bad weather so prepare children in advance. Tell them immediately about the idea and give them some time to adjust. Have an honest question and answer session so you can address their fears and let them know you are interested in their thoughts and feelings.
"Moving your family can be one of the most stressful events you can go through," states James Sullivan, president of Humboldt Storage and Moving. "Moving in the winter months can add a great deal of other variables to moving so it is critical that you prepare for anything. During bad weather, everything moves slower than usual so proper planning can equal less stress."
About Humboldt Storage and Moving:
Humboldt Storage and Moving is Greater Boston's oldest moving company and largest United Van Lines agent. The Boston moving company, founded in1905 is an original stockholding member of United Van Lines and remains within the top 5 percent of all United Van Lines agents in the country for sales volume.
The company's philosophy is "Relax. And get moving." Moving is cited as one of the more stressful occasions in people's lives and the entire Humboldt team goes to great lengths to ensure all customers feel at ease through the entire moving process. The team at Humboldt Storage and Moving are specialists in assisting seniors with sensitive down-sizing relocations, coordinating highly technical biotech/lab and hospital moves, fine art moving and storage, time-sensitive office relocations, as well as traditional residential relocations both local and international and packing services.
Boston moving company Humboldt Storage and Moving is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts. The Canton location also serves as a 90,000 S/F state of the art, climate-controlled storage facility, serving the needs of clients with more long term needs. For more information about Humboldt's expertise and moving services please contact them at (781) 821-8777. For additional information visit http://www.humboldt.com/