confluence, meeting or state of togetherness.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) December 9, 2008
Yugma (http://www.yugma.com), the leading web conferencing service that lets people connect and collaborate instantly using the Internet, announced the immediate availability of its Linux (beta) version.
The key features of the Linux (beta) version
- Desktop Sharing: Linux users can "Host a Meeting"
- Desktop Control: Linux meeting host can now grant desktop control to any attendee, regardless of system (Linux, Mac and Windows users).
- Multi-Monitor Sharing Support: This option is currently available exclusively to Linux users. Windows and Mac users will be provided this feature in the future.
- Annotation tools available for single or Multi-Monitor System
- Linux distributions have been tested include: Centos, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Open Suse, Red Hat Enterprise 4.0, Slackware and Ubuntu
Learn more about what's new in the Linux (beta) version of Yugma by reading the release notes at the website (https://www.yugma.com/download/allproducts-jvm.php).
With the introduction of the new Linux (beta) version, Linux users can now benefit from the complete web-conferencing and collaboration services offered by Yugma and derive the following key benefits:
- Host meetings for up to 500 attendees (*)
- Meeting attendees can be Windows, Mac, and Linux users
- Attend a meeting in "View Only" or "Fully Interactive" mode
- Desktop sharing
- Public and Private chat
- Mouse and keyboard sharing
- Change Presenter (*)
- Annotation and Whiteboard tools (*)
- Web session recording and playback (*)
- Shared file space
- Schedule meetings in advance (*)
- Advanced webinar features (**)
(*) Yugma Pro feature
(**) Yugma Pro 100 and P500 feature only
Yugma is the leader in affordable instant web conferencing solutions. The company provides Free, Professional, and Enterprise solutions to hundreds of thousands of individuals, small businesses, and enterprises in a diverse range of industries.
"Now Linux users can instantly host a meeting, as well as join an online meeting when using the Linux (beta) version of Yugma." said Lingaraj Mishra, Yugma founder and Chief Strategy Officer. "Linux users can use our Free service or subscribe to our affordable and full-featured Yugma Pro services after a 15 day Free Trial."
Mishra adds, "With our new Linux Beta version, Yugma is now the first full-featured, SaaS web conferencing service that provides desktop sharing and interactive collaboration for the Linux community. Linux users now have an alternative to higher priced, Microsoft Windows-centric online meeting solutions that do not support Linux offerings. We are pleased to be able to service the multiple requests that we have had from our Linux users. Our Linux offering adds to our growing Windows and Mac user communities."
About Yugma, Inc.
Yugma (http://www.yugma.com) is the leader in affordable instant web conferencing solutions. Yugma provides Free, Professional, and Enterprise web conferencing software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to individuals, small businesses, and large enterprises across a diverse range of industries. The core Yugma product technology is a secure, easy-to-use, feature-rich, web conferencing and collaboration software service that allows users to host or attend online meetings using Windows, Mac, or Linux computers at a fraction of the cost of comparable technologies. Yugma technology is scalable from 1-1 desktop sharing to conferences for 1000+ attendees. Popular uses of Yugma include hosting webinars, developing and presenting proposals, product demonstrations and sales presentations, enhancing online sales calls, conducting training programs, delivering customer service, holding team meetings and reviews, improving remote support and troubleshooting, facilitating study groups or personal tutoring sessions, hosting virtual clubs or social events, and providing spontaneous collaboration by artists, writers, and designers. "Yugma" is a Sanskrit word meaning "confluence, meeting or state of togetherness." Yugma, Inc. is a privately held company headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in Silicon Valley and New Delhi, India.