With this list, Digital Media Wire recognizes 25 of the most innovative, creative and forward-thinking executives in digital entertainment. These individuals and the companies they represent are building the technologies and business models that will shape the future of media and entertainment
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 12, 2008
Digital Media Wire today unveiled its inaugural "25 Executives to Watch in Digital Entertainment" list, recognizing emerging leaders in the digital media and entertainment industry.
The honorees will be profiled online at http://www.digitalmediainsider.com and will be recognized in a special January 12 feature in Variety's Video Business Magazine and on the ContentAgenda.com and DMWmedia.com websites as well as in a January 9 Daily Variety spread congratulating the honorees. Digital Media Wire in association with ContentAgenda will honor the group at an invite-only reception at the 2nd Annual Digital Media Insider @ CES at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas on January 9.
"With this list, Digital Media Wire recognizes 25 of the most innovative, creative and forward-thinking executives in digital entertainment. These individuals and the companies they represent are building the technologies and business models that will shape the future of media and entertainment," said Digital Media Wire's CEO and Publisher Ned Sherman. "We are proud to join forces with ContentAgenda in recognizing this impressive group. These are forward-thinkers who have embraced digital technologies and are creating new opportunities for businesses and consumers alike."
The executives were selected by the editorial and executive team at Digital Media Wire. The 2009 honorees include:
- Ali and Hadi Partovi, Founders, iLike
- Amit Kapur, COO, MySpace
- Brent Weinstein, CEO, 60 Frames
- Chamath Palihapitiya, VP of Growth, Mobile & International, Facebook
- Chris Di Cesare, Head of Marketing, YouTube
- Craig Sherman, CEO, Gaia Online
- David Verklin, CEO, Canoe Ventures
- Dick Glover, CEO, Funny or Die Networks
- Dina Kaplan, Co-Founder & COO, Blip.tv
- Ian Rogers, CEO, Topspin
- Jason Kilar, CEO, Hulu
- Jill Braff, SVP, Global Publishing, Glu Mobile
- John Edwards, CEO, Move Networks
- Julie Shumaker, SVP, Worldwide Sales, GM, Core Games Group, Double Fusion
- Karin Gilford, SVP Fancast & Online Entertainment, Comcast Interactive
- Kyra Reppen SVP & GM, Neopets, MTV Networks
- Lynda Clarizio, President, AOL's Platform-A
- Matt Palmer, EVP & GM, Stardoll
- Max Levchin, Founder & CEO, Slide, and Co-Founder, Paypal
- Min Kim, VP of Marketing, Nexon America
- Owen Van Natta, CEO, Playlist
- Steve Jang, CMO & Head of Business Development, imeem
- Suranga Chandratillake, CEO & Founder, blinkx
- Teemu Huuhtanen, President, N.A., Sulake
- Tim Westergren, Chief Strategy Officer & Founder, Pandora
For more information, visit http://www.digitalmediainsider.com.
About Digital Media Wire, Inc:
Digital Media Wire is an events, news, and publishing company serving the digital entertainment & media industry since May 2000. Digital Media Wire produces executive forums featuring the leading executives in digital media and entertainment. Digital Media Wire also publishes an authoritative daily email newsletter and industry directory. For more information, please visit: http://www.digitalmediawire.com.
Digital Media Wire, Inc.
ellen at digitalmediawire dot com