Brookline, MA (PRWEB) December 15, 2008
The economic downturn and market volatility of 2008 have left no room for error in the financial planning for stock options, restricted stock, and other forms of equity compensation. The end of the year is always a key time for financial and tax decisions, and the pressures of 2008 make year-end planning especially important now. Collapsed stock prices and the likelihood of tax-rate increases under President Barack Obama give employees and their advisors many new planning factors to consider.
myStockOptions.com (http://www.mystockoptions.com) has expanded its section Financial Planning: Year-End to provide a wealth of up-to-the-minute educational content on issues, choices, and innovative strategies at year-end 2008. Articles by experts include:
- Stockbrokers' Secrets (Part 3): What I Tell My Best Clients About Year-End Planning by W.E.B. Bantling
- Ten Ideas For Year-End Tax Planning With Stock Options And Company Stock
- How Tax Rate Changes Impact Strategies For Stock Options & Restricted Stock (Part 1)
- In Their Own Words: Financial Advisors On Company Stock Strategy For Year-End 2008 And The Market Downturn
Available free to all registered users, the new article In Their Own Words: Financial Advisors On Company Stock Strategy For Year-End 2008 And The Market Downturn presents compelling firsthand insight and expertise from financial advisors working in the field right now at firms across the United States. The advisors present planning ideas for year-end 2008 and beyond that they are deploying now to save taxes for clients and better position them for the market recovery.
Questions answered in the year-end content section include:
- What are year-end strategies for stock options, stock appreciation rights, and restricted stock?
- Should the likelihood of tax-rate increases affect year-end strategies?
- How do employees harvest capital losses against capital gains from company stock holdings?
- Are there strategies for using capital-loss carry-forwards from prior years?
- What risks are posed by the wash sale rule?
- What year-end strategies can help to minimize alternative minimum tax with incentive stock options?
- How do tax-law changes in 2008, including refundable AMT credits and stimulus rebates, affect year-end planning?
- How can employees save taxes on company stock by making gifts and donations, including those to private foundations or grantor-retained annuity trusts?
- All of these questions and many more are answered in the section Financial Planning: Year-End Planning.
Companies Can License And Distribute Selected Content
Through the end of 2008, myStockOptions.com is making a special offer to Premium Members who work in corporate stock plan administration, HR, compensation, finance, and legal departments. During this limited time, they may distribute to employees selected articles and FAQs about planning for year-end, down markets, and underwater stock options. This content will help employees understand the continued value of their stock grants, including restricted stock and employee stock purchase plans, even amid current market turbulence. This content is normally available for distribution only by companies and stock plan providers that license the myStockOptions.com Knowledge Center of educational content and/or tools.
Corporate Licensing Available
All the content on myStockOptions.com is ideally suited for licensing by companies and stock plan providers for their stock plan participants. A customized version of the website's award-winning content can be seamlessly woven into companies' HR, benefits, and/or compensation portals. Accessible through any internet browser, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, licensed content from myStockOptions.com lets stock plan participants answer their own questions about their stock grants whenever they need to learn more--saving time for the stock plan staff and costs for the company. For more information, visit http://mystockoptions.com, email sales at mystockoptions dot com, or call 617-734-1979.
With exclusive articles, 700+ FAQs, the Tax Center, Global Tax Guide, an extensive glossary, and interactive tools, myStockOptions.com is the premier online resource of educational content and tools on stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans. myStockOptions.com is written and managed by leading experts in equity compensation, and is produced by a company with a long history of successful publications explaining complex legal and financial subjects in plain English.
The influential consumer magazine PC World ranks myStockOptions.com among "the most useful sites ever" that "deliver top-notch information, support, and services." The accounting journal CPA Wealth Provider selected myStockOptions.com among companies "that have taken the lead through innovation, efficiency, initiative, or growth in the financial-planning area." The Specialized Information Publishers' Foundation honored MSO Pro with one of its Editorial Excellence Awards in the category of Best Interactive Content among niche publishers.
myStockOptions.com has also received extensive favorable coverage in major publications, including BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and The Boston Globe, and on CNN/fn, National Public Radio, PBS, Money.com, and CBSMarketWatch.com.
For more information, please contact Bruce Brumberg and Matt Simon at editors at mystockoptions dot com or 617-734-1979.
# # #