Jewel tones are so wonderful for the holiday season
New York, NY (PRWEB) December 13, 2008 -
Vogue.TV's Trend Watch turns to beauty executive Olivia Chantecaille and New York Socialite Jennifer Creel for their list of favorite things, giving holiday shoppers a guide to luxury clothes, jewelry, shoes and more.
Olivia Chantecaille presents her favorite unique gifts to give and receive, covering everyone on your shopping list this year. Gifting tip: Tuck away comments or mentions of things they say they like throughout the year.
Who wouldn't love to receive a piece of statement jewelry including House of Lavande vintage bracelets or a Faraone Mennella amethyst ring? "Jewel tones are so wonderful for the holiday season," says Olivia.
To keep warm from winter's chill, Olivia likes the Odessa Jacket by Moncler, great for stylish moms who are out and about.
The "Sally" handbag by Chloé is a chic handbag for fashion fanatics on the go!
FOR THE ART LOVER:
-The Assouline Vintage Art Crate is a great starter kit for someone who is just getting into the art world.
- When you can't give a work of art, consider the next best thing - an art book featuring an artist like Cecily Brown.
FOR YOUR HOLIDAY PARTY CIRCUIT:
- For a festive holiday party dress, try one from a leader in women's dresses, Oscar de la Renta shift in a bold color.
FOR THE MAN IN YOUR LIFE:
- Brunnello Cucinelli's cashmere down vest makes an easy transition from country to city life and is definitely the type of gift you'll be "borrowing" from that special someone.
Jennifer Creel, a self-proclaimed last minute shopper, shares her favorite beauty, travel and home gift ideas.
FOR THE JETSETTER:
- The Vulcan Fibre Globe-Trotter's vanity case is the perfect holiday travel companion - "You can have jewelry in here as well as your makeup, things that you need right away and you want to have right at your side," says Jennifer.
- Pack your shoes in luxury with one of Bally's Annita Travel Bags, a great way to prevent broken heels and lost soles!
- Frette's Alexandra ruby ballet slippers are a lovely indulgence.
- Bobbi Brown's Luxe Makeup Brush Collection will help you keep all your makeup tools in one place when you're on the road.
FOR THE HOME:
Staying close to home this holiday season means a social calendar filled with holiday parties:
- Dazzle the hostess with the perfect gift idea, a Mrs. John L. Strong Goddess Box of stationary.
- Candles are always a favorite for men and women. Jennifer suggests Belle Fleur candles for their beautiful packaging and divine scent.
- Pratesi loungewear or a lush cashmere robe is a great way to stay cozy in your clothing this winter.
FOR THE VANITY TRAY:
- Olay Regenerist cream makes a wonderful Christmas stocking stuffer. This luxurious cream helps to regenerate shape, restore elasticity and hydrate the skin.
- For the woman looking to try new fragrances, Jennifer recommends:
Calvin Klein Eternity
Calvin Klein Euphoria
Vera Wang Look
Kapsule by Karl Lagerfeld an intriguing perfume trio with scents that include Floriental, Light and Woody.
Vogue.TV is a broadband video network produced by the business department of Vogue magazine that delivers marketing through entertainment with original video content that can be simultaneously shopped and shared. A part of the rapidly growing video genre of branded entertainment, Vogue.TV currently features five fashion series: 60 Seconds to Chic transforms an everyday look into instant chic with simple, insider tips; Behind the Lens goes behind the scenes of the season's most iconic ad campaigns and events; Trend Watch presents what's new and what's next in the world of fashion; The Collections showcases the latest runway looks from the world's top fashion designers; and Model.Live follows Cato, Madeline & Austria as they try to achieve their dreams of becoming international superstars. Vogue.TV has attracted over 1.3 million unique visitors who have spent 90,000 hours on the site since launch in August 2007.