San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) December 16, 2008
The post-Thanksgiving period may have proven disappointing to some online retailers, but price comparison sites like NexTag.com are quickly gaining in popularity. Consumer interest in online product research is on the rise, and smart shoppers are taking advantage of those sites that present the most intuitive and helpful tools. NexTag offers its visitors immediate value with innovative features like:
1. Price History Charts - A year long overview of a product's value that shows overall trends, as well as price spikes and, more importantly, dips.
2. TruePrice - No one likes being surprised by egregious shipping costs, especially after they've gone through the entire shopping process. NexTag gives consumers a sneak peek of what they can expect before they arrive at a retailer's shopping cart.
3. Free Shipping Alerts - Those retailers who forego shipping costs altogether are flagged so shoppers can save time and money on the best possible deals.
Shoppers are also finding incredible savings as retailers strive to create the most enticing deals. Using the Price Drops feature visitors are able to immediately zoom in on the best values. These days price drops of up to several hundred dollars are not unheard of, and retailers are offering real bargains on fantastic gift items.
Recent Retail Price Drops*:
Apple iPod Touch 8GB -27%
Garmin NUVI-250W Portable GPS -20%
Sharp Aquos 52" LCD HDTV -19%
Garmin Streetpilot C330 GPS -18%
Nikon Coolpix P80 Digital Camera -18%
Toshiba 26" LCD HDTV -12%
Canon PowerShot Digital Camera -7%
Sony HD Hard Drive Camcorder -7%
Recent Top Ten Most Popular Products:
1. Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS
2. Nintendo Wii Game Console
3. Apple iPod Touch
4. SONY Bravia W-Series HDTV
5. Canon EOS Rebel Digital Camera
6. Samsung 46" LCD HDTV
7. SONY Blu-ray Disc Player
8. HP Compaq Presario 15.4" Notebook
9. Nintendo Wii Sport Bundle
10. Samsung 52" LCD TV
*Price and availability subject to change
NexTag is the leading comparison shopping site for products, financial services, travel, automobiles, real estate, education and more. At the core of NexTag are proprietary technologies and algorithms that enable shoppers to quickly compare prices and find the best deals on millions of products and services. More than 17 million people per month use NexTag to research, compare, and save on products and services online*.
NexTag has been named one of the "50 Best Websites 2008" by TIME magazine. The company operates comparison shopping sites in the US: NexTag.com, the UK: NexTag.co.uk, France: NexTag.fr, and Germany: NexTag.de. NexTag is headquartered in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Gurgaon, India.
pr at nextag dot com