Searches on LowFares.com indicate that travelers are thinking more carefully about how they spend and realize that it pays to shop around for deals. We're seeing flexibility in travel dates if it means saving money.
Los Angeles (PRWEB) December 16, 2008
LowFares.com™, the travel comparison search site for airline tickets, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages, reported today that the recession is prompting travel providers to increase deals for airfare and cheap hotels, meaning consumers are finding unexpected holiday travel opportunities.
In destination trends, LowFares.com reported:
- The top destination for holiday airline travel was Los Angeles, followed closely by other domestic locales, including New York City, Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa, and Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Interest in international destinations has shifted to Latin America, including Mexico and Colombia; the Caribbean, including Puerto Rico; and Germany tops the European airline ticket search.
- Of the holiday searches conducted, 59% were geared toward domestic locations while 41% were for international destinations.
- There was an overall increase of 8% in air travel searches between the last week of November and the first week of December.
Travel Date Trends
- The top date range remains December 20 to January 3, indicating that more people want to combine Christmas and New Year's festivities into one trip.
- There was still some flexibility in the dates travelers were willing to book, due in part to their interest in the best available price.
"There are some real bargains available. Budget options abound in top destinations and are better than we've seen all year. Whether traveling to enjoy time with family or booking that well-deserved getaway, travelers can now do so without spending a fortune on airline tickets and hotels," said Greg Samson, General Manager of LowFares. "Searches on LowFares.com indicate that travelers are thinking more carefully about how they spend and realize that it pays to shop around for deals. We're seeing flexibility in travel dates if it means saving money."
LowFares.com, an Oversee.net company, is the leader in finding cheap flights, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages. With more than 2 million unique visitors a month, LowFares.com offers an online experience that allows travelers to search multiple travel destinations simultaneously.
Oversee.net is a technology-driven online marketing solutions company, with two primary divisions - Oversee Domain Services and Oversee Marketing Services. Headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Portland, Oregon, and Pompano Beach, Florida, the company has over 200 employees. Some of Oversee's key brands include SnapNames®, Moniker®, DomainSponsor™, LowFares.com™, Low.com™ and IdentityTheft.com™. To learn more, please visit http://www.oversee.net.