New York (PRWEB) December 26, 2008
Worldwide Business Research today unveiled the agenda for its 5th annual summit, to be held this March 16-18 in New York. FIMA, the Premier North American Reference Data Management Conference has become the definitive conference for financial institutions to network, and discuss the strategies needed to approach the challenges of acquiring, cleansing and maintaining the securities and entity data essential to their operation.
This year's theme of obtaining a faster response to market uncertainty will focus on the strategies that leading data management officers are employing to ensure cleaner data and therefore lower risk and compliancy issues.
FIMA has partnered with leading publications and associations to provide a meeting place for the leaders in data management. This year's event focuses on:
- Examining the data supply chain: where inefficiencies can be identified across business lines
- Developing strategies for getting the front office involved in the data initiative
- Understanding how new technologies and processes for being Basel II compliant can help evolve data efforts
- Identifying industry best practices for managing the OSI (Options Symbology Initiative)
- Examining steps taken to enforce data governance across a silo-based organization
- Implementing metrics within an organization for real-time decision making, predictive modeling and text mining
Insights and case studies will be delivered by:
- BMO Financial Group: Ron Klein, Enterprise Metadata Manager
- TD Securities: Eric Sutherland, Vice President & Director of Global Technology
- Wachovia: Jean-Thierry Dupuy, Director, Sales & Client Research Technology
- Freddie Mac: Justin Magruder, Vice President, Enterprise Information Management
- RBC Financial Group: Jason Smith, Senior Manager, Credit MIS
- HSBC: Mark Januszka, VP - EDM Regional Head - Americas
- Merrill Lynch: Brian Lane, Vice President, EIM - Product & Pricing
- Wachovia: Steve Listhaus, Market Data Services; Technology, Architecture & Business Services
- Citi: Steven Semel, VP, Market Data Services, Citi Global Wealth Management
- Pyramis Global Advisors: Ian Baker, Head of Risk Management & Derivatives
- Barclays Capital: Sean Conahan, Vice President
For registration and summit information, visit: http://www.fima2009.com or call 1.888.482.6012.
About Worldwide Business Research
WBR is the world's biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world's leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. Our conference divisions consistently out perform their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors.
Every year over 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend over 60 annual conferences - a true 'who's who' of today's corporate world. From Automotive events in Bucharest to Logistics conferences in Arizona and Finance summits in Hong Kong, WBR is dedicated to exceeding the needs of its customers around the world.
People are WBR's most important asset, our competitive advantage is based on our ability to hire the best people, develop them in the right way and offer them the most exciting opportunities.
535 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Phone: 1 888 482 6012