Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) December 17, 2008
Industry Retail Group, Inc. (IRG), a leading provider of retail-centric broadband-based applications and services, announced today that it has successfully completed its second year of utilizing 3G (wireless broadband) as a primary and secondary network access solution, after successfully launching in December 2006.
3G, a broadband service based on cellular networks, has been popular with mobile workers since its commercial launch in 2003, but has recently developed a foothold as a primary WAN access technology. IRG, in partnership with best-of-breed appliance manufacturers and 3G network carriers, has been pioneering the acceptance of 3G service by deploying 3G-powered appliances and standalone 3G CPE to enable client applications and WANs. Joe Manzari, IRG's COO states,
"As one of the early-adopters of the technology, our 3G portfolio is much more evolved than our competition's. Where many MSPs are either just now announcing their use of the technology or force fitting 3G into their wireline product set without a clear strategy on how to implement and support the service, IRG has ushered along the evolution of our 3G product in lockstep with our more seasoned wireline broadband offerings for the last 2 years."
IRG 3G Highlights:
- Advanced Prequalification - Shows clients availability and signal strength of proposed service
- Primary or Failover - Utilize 3G for a primary network connection or as a failover technology
- 24-hour Time to Market - Allows clients to open new stores on broadband quickly and before the store opens for business
- Static IP - Maintain monitoring and PCI scanning requirements of remote endpoints even in the event of failure
- PC, Express and USB Card Support - Multi form factor Card flavors offers 3G hardware flexibility for a wide range of network CPE uses and applications.
- Bundled 3G CPE - IRG-tested and approved 3G CPE give clients the confidence of Card-CPE interoperability and support
- Business Continuity - 3G WAN Failover Option gives clients broadband speeds at dial-up prices
- Unlimited and Threshold Plans Available - Translates to site-specific service plans, no one-size-fits-all requirement
Manzari added, "In the 3G world, it's all about availability and signal strength. It can be tempting to want use 3G as a 'catch-all' service when prequalifying client networks, but we feel this is a disservice to the client, especially if deployment happens and even 3G is disqualified and the client must use a costly access method like a T1. Our prequal approach takes into consideration not only the availability of the 3G service, but also the expected signal strength. The latter is based upon the location of the proposed 3G service to the serving cell tower as well as environmental factors, such as the type of dwelling and potential interference onsite. IRG even offers site surveys to confirm the availability of our 3G service, prior to implementation."
IRG's 3G access is certified on its MPLS, IPSec, DIA, and WiFi product suites as a primary and Business Continuity (Failover) access method.
About Industry Retail Group
IRG is a premier provider of broadband-enabled network solutions, serving retailers and multi-site companies. IRG partners with its clients to serve as a single, comprehensive source for retail-centric applications and services, offering proactive, dedicated support. IRG has a growing client base including Fortune 1000 retailers with locations worldwide. IRG also provides enhanced services including IPSec and MPLS VPNs, IRG WiFi, SecurView (Managed Video Surveillance), TruManage (Network & Environmental Monitoring), and RetaiLAN (Turn-key Integration). These bottom-line impacting services allow clients to further leverage their WAN investment.
Industry Retail Group Press Contact