London, UK (PRWEB) December 19, 2008
The NAIT XS shares the elegant non-resonant non-magnetic chassis and bodywork of the NAIT 5i, but the overall design is derived from the engine of the SUPERNAIT.
THE NAIT XS shares a heritage of 25 years of award-winning market-influencing Naim NAITs (Naim Amplifier InTegrated). The NAITs are amplifiers that have led the world in delivering music to enthusiasts, students, vice-presidents and indeed anyone with a passion for music.
The space within the slim-line case has been fully utilised optimising the signal path. Components that like space are given it. Overall the circuitry - the minimum switching and relays are, for example, like a sports car stripped back to essentials for the track - delivers a performance that's exciting and full on.
The performance of the NAIT XS hasn't just been achieved by simplifying the signal path; it includes some true innovations. This design is the first to use Naim's newly developed bayonet PCB mounting technique that delivers a consistent board 'float'; reducing microphonic effects. The heat sink is castellated to enable maximum cooling for reliability, maximum dynamics and to reduce capacitance effects from potentially longer PCB tracks.
- Series 5 Aluminium chassis and sleeve with zinc die-cast front panel.
- Upgradeable with FlatCap, HiCap or SuperCap power supplies
- 6 line inputs: 4 x RCA/DIN, 1 x RCA/3.5mm jack, 1 x powered input for phono stage
- Auto switching 3.5mm stereo jack socket for iPod/MP3 player input on the front panel
- Aux 2 power for phono stage
- 60WPC into 8 ohm or 90WPC into 4 ohm
- 380VA toroidal transformer
- 5 separate secondary windings: 2 x L&R power, 1 x pre, 1 x display, 1 x relay switching
- AV unity gain option (AV bypass switchable)
- Full bandwidth stereo subwoofer output
- Preamp similar to SUPERNAIT
- Can be split to use as a preamplifier or power amplifier
- Remote control for volume and input selection
- Programmable Auto Input Switching (AIS)
- Compatible with a wide choice of cables and speakers
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)20 8642 4436
Naim Audio Limited
Tel: +44 (0)1722 426673
Download images from here:
Naim has a passionate and committed interest in music. This is as true today as it was during the company's formation in Salisbury, England, over 30 years ago. Above all, it is the enjoyment of music that has driven Naim to design and manufacture the finest range of audio equipment available.
The highest engineering principles ensure that all Naim products meet and exceed the measurable parameters essential for state-of-the-art performance, safety and reliability: qualities for which Naim is renowned. Measurement alone, however, is not enough: every product must deliver the musical performance that the team would not want to live without.
Naim quality requires an attention to detail verging on the obsessive, along with a special and unique approach to component selection and system design. Every aspect of a Naim product's design is considered for its impact on sound quality. Manufacturing is equally specialised: there are no production lines. Products are made by highly trained operators who understand all the techniques - however insignificant they may seem - that make the difference between a good product and a truly great one.
Naim does not chase market fashion and will not shift from its overriding objective of achieving consistent musical performance. The company has moved steadily into the world of Audio Video, delivering award-winning products, including an all-in-one DVD receiver unit designed to bring new customers to the Naim fold without sacrificing Naim's legendary performance.