That being said, it is not necessarily an evolution companies can make overnight.
Rochester, MN (PRWEB) December 19, 2008
http://www.metaviewer.com - Metafile, a Minnesota-based content management firm dedicated to providing financial innovations via paperless automation solution MetaViewer, is ensuring that firms seeking an end to paper based financial processes and a beginning to full
paperless workflow are armed with the guidance necessary to make this dream a reality in 2009.
In a report by The Aberdeen Group, and co-sponsored by Metafile, it is reported that companies who evolve to paperless accounts payable processes achieve 83% lower invoice processing costs and 80% faster invoice processing times than their peers. In a report by PayStream Advisors, also co-sponsored by Metafile, significantly lower order processing costs are predicted for companies who evolve to paperless accounts receivable.
"With firms nationwide seeking ways to cut costs, it makes sound fiscal sense to evolve into paperless workflow processes," states Jim Mandt, Metafile's Vice President of Technical Services. "That being said, it is not necessarily an evolution companies can make overnight."
Below, are five recommendations from Mandt for firms seeking a move to paperless in 2009:
1. Capture Invoices Electronically: "Firms can save money by eliminating the need for paper to even enter their organization," continues Mandt. "The easiest way to do so is to create a secure online portal for vendors to directly submit their invoices."
2. Scan Necessary Paper Documents: "Enter all your existing paper documents into a secure, search enabled document management system. Many paperless automation solutions, including MetaViewer, will then enable you to find any scanned document with as little as one keyword of text."
3. Implement Full Vendor Self Service: "Grant your vendors access to the same electronic invoice and document history your company has, in addition to submitting new invoices to vendors via an online portal. This will eliminate nearly every occurrence of needing to resend duplicate paper invoices."
4. Employ An e-Invoicing Solution: "Costly printing, sorting, stuffing, mailing and filing of invoices can be diminished by creating a secure online portal where your customers can receive and request their invoices."
5. Don't Forget The HR Department!: "Human resources departments are swimming in paper documents, from employee reviews and resumes, to I9's and W2's," concludes Mandt. "The same document management solutions for use in accounts payable or accounts receivable departments can streamline the paper processes of your HR department."
Visit Metafile's dedicated MetaViewer website for more information regarding paperless workflow solutions and true tales of paperless success.
Metafile Information Systems, Inc. provides workflow automation solutions via its customizable content management solution MetaViewer. A privately held software development and integration firm, Metafile has helped the financial departments of companies such as Winn Dixie, Gate Petroleum, Wellborn Cabinet and Allied Beverage streamline accounts payable and accounts receivable processes for over 25 years. More information on Metafile and MetaViewer may be found online at http://www.metaviewer.com.