London, UK (PRWEB) December 19, 2008
OntheBox.com, the UK TV listings portal, today launched a Christmas viral marketing campaign to promote its 6 part Christmas mockumentary 'The Christmas Chronicles', which follows Jesus desperately trying to organise his party on the 25th December. Starring a biblical and epic cast of one and set in the modern day, the script was written in-house by the OntheBox.com editorial team.
Launched via this morning's OntheBox.com newsletter and on YouTube, the campaign redirects people to MyPartyIsNigh.com where every week day in the run up to Christmas, starting from this Thursday 18th December, a new 'webisode' will be uploaded. The site also contains a blog by Jesus, photos and links to MySpace and Facebook, where visitors are able to add Jesus to their friends list. The campaign forms part of OntheBox.com ambitions for 2009, to carry more unique and original video content and is their way of saying Happy Christmas to all their members.
To view the viral marketing campaign and the mockumentary 'The Christmas Chronicles', please visit: http://www.MyPartyIsNigh.com.
OntheBox.com allows users to:
- View TV listings - for over 250 channels, including terrestrial, digital, satellite and regional channels.
- View UK cinema listings - searching listings by film, area, cinema chain
- View radio listings - for 25 of the most popular UK radio stations
- Watch TV programmes online - streaming TV
- Watch films online - streaming movies
- Listen to UK radio stations live and online
- Watch regular unique video content
- Get advice on the Digital TV Switchover
- Enter and read comments next to every programme that is listed
- Write blogs with opinions on any TV programme or film
- Get daily recommendation on what to watch on TV from 'TV Highlights'
- Find all the latest film reviews in the 'Film Highlights' section
- Register and sign up for the weekly newsletter delivered direct to your inbox
- Receive email or SMS alerts before a specific programme starts
- Customise the TV listings layout according to their favourite channels
- Create a list of 'favourite' TV listings pages that users can revisit at any time
- Search through archives of past TV listings, and blogs up to five months prior
- Search an extensive movie database with information on film casts, biographies, synopses and photos
OntheBox.com is the UK's most comprehensive and interactive entertainment portal providing a one-stop-shop for anything to do with TV, film and radio past, present and future. Owned by Media Corporation plc, OntheBox.com was established in 2000 and now has the number one ranking on search engines for UK TV listings.
OntheBox.com receives 1.5 million unique users and over 5 million page views per month. The site has a 50% retention rate, which indicates a high level of relevance and usefulness.
Advertisers on OntheBox.com benefit from a large and diverse audience and extensive capability for running rich media adverts, such as MPUs, which achieve a high average click-through rate. Site sponsorship packages are available alongside specific programme or genre-targeted advertising.
For more information, please visit Onthebox.com.