Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) December 24, 2008
Big Nerd Ranch Announces New Advanced Ruby on Rails Bootcamp, March 9-13, 2009
Charles Brian Quinn says that it is okay to want more.
After all, for the past few years, the renowned Ruby on Rails developer and instructor has taught Ruby on Rails to dozens of students at the Big Nerd Ranch. During that time, he has seen his students marvel at the power and elegance of Ruby on Rails and knows that once they start to leverage Ruby and Rails to develop high-powered, dynamic websites, they want to learn more.
To meet that growing need, Quinn has developed a new course, Advanced Ruby on Rails Bootcamp, for the Big Nerd Ranch. The new class premiers March 9-13, 2009, and is designed for students who have previously taken the Ruby on Rails Bootcamp or are experienced Ruby on Rails developers who want to deepen their skills in Rails development.
The Ruby on Rails training class goes beyond the basics, with a comprehensive overview of best practices and core components of Ruby on Rails, and advanced instruction on production and deployment of web applications. Upon completion of the class, students will be able to:
- Understand how to use ActiveRecord to model simple and complex relationships between data models
- Create DRY interfaces and reusable views and layouts using ActionPacks's Action View
- Create skinny controllers with RESTful interfaces using ActionPack's ActionController
- Understand Test-Driven Development (TDD) using Unit Testing and RSpec
- Create rich Ajax interfaces and debug them effectively
- Debug applications using breakpoints and log and prototype in an interactive console
- Extend functionality and features by creating and utilizing Ruby on Rails generators, plugins, and Ruby libraries
Students attending the class should have a basic understanding of Ruby on Rails and already have developed or produced a Ruby on Rails application.
The Big Nerd Ranch incorporates intensive training classes for Unix and Mac OS X programmers in a retreat setting outside Atlanta, GA. Class price of $3500 includes lodging, all meals, original instruction materials, 24-hour lab access, and transportation to and from the Atlanta airport. Students are encouraged to bring independent projects to class, allowing for input from classmates and individual instructor attention. For more information, call (404) 527-6211 or visit http://www.bignerdranch.com.