Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) December 26, 2008 -
The Challenges of Leadership from Harvard Graduate School of Design Executive Education is specifically designed for executives in real estate, architecture, planning, and related building industries. The program tackles issues of leadership in practice and within organizations, and challenges participants to develop the vision, influence, self-discipline, and motivation required of successful leaders.
Led by Harvard faculty and industry leaders, the four-day program covers the following topics:
- Defining your values and putting them to work
- Building a strategic vision
- Leading a creative workforce
- Managing talent
- Finding the time to lead
- Effecting leadership succession within your organization
By program's end, participants will have created a customized leadership development plan based on their self-assessment, course learning, peer review, and their own priorities for success.
This year The Challenges of Leadership's roster of instructors includes:
- Joseph Badaracco, Jr., professor of business ethics, Harvard Business School
- Julie Benezet, managing member, Business Growth Consulting, L.L.C., and former Amazon.com executive
- Tom Curley, president and chief executive officer, The Associated Press, New York, NY
- Edward Feiner, FAIA, senior vice president and chief architect, Las Vegas Sands Corporation, Las Vegas, NV, and former chief architect of the U.S. General Services Administration
- Richard W. Jennings, lecturer, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- A. Eugene Kohn, FAIA, RIBA, JIA, chairman, Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC, New York, NY
- Mohsen Mostafavi, dean, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
- Laura L. Nash, author and former lecturer, Harvard Business School
The Challenges of Leadership is registered with the AIA (American Institute of Architects) Continuing Education System. Participants who complete the four-day program will earn 32 AIA/CES units.
Complete program and registration information can be found at: http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu/professional/exec_ed/programs/leadership
About the Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design
The Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) is the foremost provider of Executive Education programs for architects, planners, and real estate and building industry professionals. GSD Executive Education offers an extensive menu of programs that covers topics in design and real estate as well as customized programs that can be tailored to an organization's or firm's specific learning needs. Drawing upon the unparalleled resources of Harvard University, GSD Executive Education programs are led by renowned faculty from the GSD, the Business School, the Law School, and the Kennedy School of Government, as well as eminent practitioners and scholars from across the country and around the world. For more information, visit http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu