Vienna, Virginia (PRWEB) December 28, 2008
June Jewell, President of Jewell & Associates, a Deltek Premier Partner, takes a proactive approach with her business when the economy is challenging. She continues to market and put processes in place to reap the rewards in the future when the business environment improves. Her company sells Deltek Vision software to project-based professional service firms and many of their target companies have been affected by the recent economic downturn.
"Our goal is to help our clients with ideas that can help them during these challenging times," said June Jewell. "I developed a list of the top 10 things to help businesses in 2009 based on my own business experience. I want to do whatever I can to help our clients be successful this next year."
Ms. Jewell recently spoke to a group of executives at The Executive Circle meeting in Washington, DC and Philadelphia about ideas they could use to make a difference in their business. To learn more about The Executive Circle visit http://www.theexecutivecircle.com.
Ms. Jewell offers the top 10 things to do to improve your business in 2009.
10. Improve Processes. A company review will help identify how much time is wasted with inefficient processes and redundant systems. Everything can be done better and more efficiently.
9. Keep Up With Technology. Your competitors will have an advantage if they can deliver a project with less cost and on schedule.
8. Tightly Manage Utilization and Project Profitability. Since project-based professional service firms sell people, make sure all staff members are "running" at peak efficiency. Set target goals and manage schedules. Being profitable is better for Employees, better for Your Clients and better for the Company.
7. Focus on Client Satisfaction. 80% of revenue comes from 20% of clients. It costs a lot more to get new clients than keeping the ones you have happy. Find out if your employees are keeping promises to your clients? Focus on the Good Clients!
6. Train Your People. Make sure that your staff is well trained. The cost of training pays off and insures client satisfaction and project success. Trained staff results in less time and cost on projects, and reduces writing off project fees.
5. Get a Coach. All successful people have coaches and mentors. Athletes have coaches to make sure they are constantly improving and have the right mental attitude. Coaches can help you strategize, make decisions, solve problems and even help with employee issues.
4. Hold People Accountable. Make sure everyone in your company has goals and is measured and rewarded for achieving these goals. Good systems need to be in place and project managers may require training.
3. Invest in Your Business. Fear of a bad economy holds people back from achieving their goals. Fear stands for False Events Appearing to be Real. If you believe you will be in business in the future, then you must invest in the future (marketing). Use profits from the last few years to fund the growth during these competitive times.
2. Time Management. People are your inventory. Have your employees enter time every day. Make sure they understand what they are supposed to be doing and how long it should take. Have a rigorous approval process.
1. Plan for the Future. Write down your goals and visualize the future, your personal and business success. Read "The Attractor Factor" by Joe Vitale. Require your employees to develop professional growth plans.
Firms can learn about Deltek Vision and see how their company can improve many of the areas suggested on this list. Companies that are project-based professional service firms not using Deltek Vision software can sign up for a webinar hosted by Jewell & Associates. http://www.jewellassociates.com/webinars.html
About Jewell & Associates:
Jewell & Associates, a Deltek Premier Partner, has been providing clients with enterprise business solutions for over 18 years. With over 750 clients and offices in Northern Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida and Colorado, Jewell & Associates has consulting staff for planning, implementation, deployment and training for Deltek Vision software. Visit Jewell & Associates http://www.jewellassociates.com.
# # #