Scala's R&D team is stronger today than it has ever been. We're looking forward to getting even more done in 2009
Exton, PA (PRWEB) December 31, 2008
Scala, the leading provider of end-to-end solutions for the advertising management and digital signage markets, today announced Release 4 of its Scala5 connected signage software has been released to its customers around the globe. This release represents Scala's continued commitment to cutting-edge technology for its global customer base.
Scala's Research and Development team has expanded since the last release with new resources in the US and in India. The R&D team has also adopted a stronger development methodologies for product releases. The growth of the team and the new methodology allowed Scala to announce Release 4 on time and with more features than originally anticipated. "Scala's R&D team is stronger today than it has ever been. We're looking forward to getting even more done in 2009," commented Peter Cherna, Vice President, Research and Development.
The highlights of Release 4 are:
- Web Services for Content Manager - allow third-party applications to interface with the Scala Content Manager functionality
- Ad Manager Tie In to Content Manager via Web Services - the first phase of integration of Scala Ad Manager with Scala Content Manager
- Playback Audit EX Module - the new module generates proof-of-play reports showing what media played where, when and how often
- Media Playback Controls - including: "playlist shuffle", "play N times" from a playlist and "play fullscreen"
- Time Triggers - added to trigger a playlist at specific times or regular intervals.
- Scala Designer more Photoshop® friendly - Ars Media Photoshop Plug-in has been added to convert Photoshop layered elements to ScalaScript
- Adobe Flash® support has been greatly enhanced to provide smoother, faster, high-quality playback including: interactive support, alpha channel and "FlashVars".
Updates for current customers and partners are available at http://www.scala.com/updates.
"This Release has been a real challenge for the R&D team since we have brought on new team members and improved our development methodology, but we've managed to put tons of great features and enhancements into it. I'm sure our partners and customers will be happy with the results," says Peter Cherna, Vice President, Research and Development for Scala.
Scala is a leading global provider of digital signage and advertising management solutions. By combining digital and traditional signage systems, Scala has become the world's first connected signage company, allowing customers to create, manage and distribute both traditional and digital signage via one software platform. The company's solutions are used in retail, education, entertainment, government and other industries for diverse applications such as retail advertising networks, corporate communications (employee TV), traditional and digital billboards, digital menu boards, digital posters, cable TV, hotel lobby signage, gas pump toppers, outdoor advertising, interactive touch-screens and kiosks, etc. Scala pioneered the digital signage industry and today drives over 70,000 screens worldwide; more screens than all competitors combined. The company's digital signage platform customers include Rabobank, IKEA, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, EuroDisney, McDonalds, Warner Brothers, Ericsson, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, FuelCast, Repsol, Shell, NorgesGruppen and thousands more. The company's advertising management customers include CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor, Magic Media, Reagan, Adams Outdoor Advertising, and many more. Scala is headquartered near Philadelphia, USA and has subsidiaries in Canada, The Netherlands, France, Norway, Japan and also over 450 partners in more than 60 countries. More information is available at http://www.scala.com.
©2008 Scala, Inc. 350 Eagleview Blvd. Exton, PA 19341. Scala, InfoChannel, and the Exclamation Point Logo are registered trademarks of Scala, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective organizations.