The current economic climate requires us to be wise spenders both as individuals and business people. Achieving savings through better use of resources has a tangible effect on companies' bottom lines and as a result we have often seen improved staff motivation and morale
Oxford, UK (PRWEB) July 30, 2008
Figures from an Envirowise survey conducted two years ago showed that a third of office workers felt that no action was taken to reduce resource use in the workplace2, while a more recent survey found that 82 per cent of UK businesses are now implementing steps towards tackling environmental issues3.
Every company has an impact on the environment, and Environmental Legislation has been developed to ensure that their impact stays within acceptable limits. Envirowise will help you to eliminate or reduce the cause of your company's environmental impact and help you to comply with all relevant legislation.
This may be partly due to changed consumer attitudes: a survey carried out by YouGov on behalf of KPMG4, has shown that 90 per cent of Britons have become more environmentally conscious at home - with four out of ten respondents willing to pay extra for green products.
Envirowise is keen to see individual commitment carried further into the workplace. "It is encouraging that half of the 82 per cent of businesses taking steps to be more sustainable acknowledge that there's still much more they can do," comments Elaine Sharp, Programme Marketing Manager. "We know that often businesses are impeded in their mission to be greener by time constraints and lack of knowledge about how to put new measures into practice."
"This is where Envirowise comes in. We aim to help businesses find more practical ways to be sustainable and achieve cost, materials or time savings in the process. "
A recently launched online tool 'Words to the wise'5 - http://www.envirowise.gov.uk/change - can be a useful starting point. It will help companies assess the way they use resources and will provide strategic support on how to improve.
"The current economic climate requires us to be wise spenders both as individuals and business people. Achieving savings through better use of resources has a tangible effect on companies' bottom lines and as a result we have often seen improved staff motivation and morale" explains Elaine Sharp.
"Getting started on the road to resource efficiency can be simple and straightforward. And while senior management buy-in is crucial to success, the fact is that any member of staff in an organisation - at any level - can make a positive difference."
Companies wanting to take advantage of the services of the Envirowise programme and forthcoming environmental events and seek advice from our expert advisors can call 0800 585794 or visit http://www.envirowise.gov.uk
Issued on behalf of Envirowise by The Mistral Group
For more information contact, Alison Hill or Lucinda Roberts on 01869 352 722 / firstname.lastname@example.org or 01869 352 729 / lucinda.roberts @ mistral-pr.co.uk
Notes to editors:
1. Envirowise publication 'Green Officiency '
2. Tick box surveyed a sample of 1894 office workers, aged 16 years and above, across the UK between 19 May and 9 June 2006.
3. Envirowise Market Penetration and Messaging, three-phase research conducted by Databuild between April and September 2007, with junior and senior staff at 200 large businesses.
4. Research conducted online on behalf of KPMG by YouGov amongst 2,350 adults in Great Britain aged 18 and over, between 22 and 27 May 2008.
5. 'Word to the wise' is a free online tool from Envirowise; it guides users through the process of incorporating the ideas of resource efficiency and waste minimisation within their business. A short questionnaire identifies where the organisation is now, makes suggestions on where to go next and provides useful tools and strategic support for taking those steps. http://www.envirowise.gov.uk/change
Envirowise delivers a range of free services and professional advice to businesses across the UK - including a comprehensive range of publications and good practice case studies, practical workshops for firms, as well as a comprehensive website and advice line. Since 1994 Envirowise has helped UK businesses save over £1bn by enabling them to significantly reduce their environmental footprints.