Gotcha Valentine's Day Marriage Proposal.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 5, 2009
Based on creativity, originality and emotional appeal, Robbins Brothers selects 10 out of hundreds of marriage proposals the company has helped customers execute this year. In no particular order, some of the "best of" top picks include billboards, restaurants, museums, hospitals and even classrooms.
The engagement ring retailer offers all customers a team of Perfect Proposals™ experts dedicated to helping them plan that special moment. The consultants assist with unique ideas to say "Will You Marry Me?" or come up with ways to carry out the proposal the customer has in mind. Once the hopeful groom decides on how to pop the question, Robbins Brothers lines up the right team of vendors, places and suppliers to make one's dream proposal a reality.
Robbins Brothers' Top 10 Marriage Proposals of 2008:
1. Soldier's Video Proposal: U.S. Army Corporal Jerry Davenport, a 27-year-old soldier stationed in Iraq, popped the question to the love of his life, 29-year old Jeannie Klepper, on a big-screen television monitor at Robbins Brothers, World's Biggest Engagement Ring Store in Arlington, Texas. Dan Decker of the Ring Center helped Jerry choose and purchase a ring, and also create a pre-recorded "Will You Marry Me" video which Jeannie watched in tears at the Arlington store.
2. Helicopter Proposal: On Friday, Aug. 8, 2008, 22-year-old Arlington, Texas firefighter Jason Curtis went for the gold and took advantage of the luck associated with 08.08.08 to propose marriage to his now fiancée, 22-year-old Amanda McFerren, near the end of their romantic helicopter ride celebrating her birthday. As the helicopter landed near Pappas Bros. Steakhouse in Dallas, helpful onlookers held a large banner which read "Amanda, Will You Marry Me?"
3. Mobile Billboard Proposal: Chief Engagement Officer Steve Robbins teamed up with KTLA reporter Gayle Anderson for the televised "Gotcha Valentine's Day Marriage Proposal." Alex surprised his girlfriend Dafne with a traffic-stopping mobile billboard proposal at her job, Cosmoprof in Canoga Park, California.
4. Classroom Proposal: Ricke in Los Angeles played a trick on the teacher, who now happens to be his fiancée! He enlisted the help of Cheneye's boss, the principal, to give Cheneye a stern lecture because her "pesky boyfriend is spending too much time at the school." While Cheneye was in the principal's office, Ricke entered the classroom with a photographer and roses. He passed a rose to each child. When Cheneye returned, there was Ricke and all of the smiling students waiting for her. Ricke proposed and the photographer snapped a picture of everyone.
5. Restaurant Proposal: Customer Jake shares his story: "We were at the nicest table in the Grand Lux Café with a view overlooking Michigan Ave. in Chicago. In between dinner and dessert she opened the gift I wrapped for her birthday, which was a plain white pillow. Her confused face was priceless once she got through all of the tissue paper and saw the gift. I then took the pillow and put it on the floor, got on one knee, pulled the ring from my shirt pocket and asked her to marry me. We hugged and she said "yes" through all of the tears. We then received a nice ovation from the surrounding tables.
6. Museum Proposal: Mike picked Jen up from work and headed to the Adler Planetarium in Chicago. The couple watched a show in the Sky Theater and then wandered through the museum for an hour. Mike told Jen he forgot something in the theater so the couple went to retrieve it. The Sky Theater was empty when they returned and the dim sky served as the perfect backdrop for Mike to ask Jen to marry him. Mike popped open the Robbins Brothers box and presented the ring to Jen. The couple then went to Millennium Park for an architectural tour of the city and dinner at the Signature Room.
7. Do-Over Proposal: Walter Ripley, a 46-year-old Senior Systems Engineer with the Naval Reserve has been trying to pop the question to his wife Lisa for the past two years - never mind the fact that she already said "yes." As coworkers, Walters original proposal to Lisa occurred during their lunch break as he broke news of his impending deployment to Iraq. On Mother's Day, Walter popped the question to his surprised wife at Bahama Breeze in Aurora, Illinois, with the help of their two children. The restaurant worked with Walter to have the kids bring Lisa flowers during lunch. Included in the bouquet was a ring box with Lisa's new "engagement ring."
8. Hospital Proposal: Scott secured a substitute teacher to fill in for him, and played hooky from teaching to surprise Sylvia who works in the medical field in Los Angeles. He waited in her empty office not knowing when she would return from the clinic. The sneaky ladies at reception decided to page Sylvia to her office, saying there was a patient waiting for her. Finally she entered her office and had the most unexpected surprise; Scott on one knee with the ring in a lighted box and a bouquet in hand. She said "yes!"
9. Brick Proposal: Customer Lacey shares her story: "We decided to go to the Louisiana State University campus and see Mike the tiger because Shawn had not seen the new mascot. My mom had bought us bricks with our names on them when they built the new Tiger habitat, so Shawn wanted to see those. While we were at Shawn's brick, I took a picture of him pointing to his name and then a zoomed-in photo of him. He asked me to take another one of him pointing back to his brick so when I zoomed out and refocused the camera, I saw the ring on his index finger. He asked me to marry him and I think I said 'yes.' I was shocked!"
10. Hotel Proposal: Robert, a senior airman with the U.S. Air Force, popped the question and surprised his girlfriend D'ann at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, Texas. Dallas Cowboy great from the 70s, tight-end Billy Joe DuPree helped Robert make the "catch of a lifetime," assisting him with this secret proposal to his sweetheart. Billy Jo heard that Robert was a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and couldn't resist being his wingman. D'ann, thinking she was attending a party with a friend at the hotel, was met in the elegant lobby by DuPree who escorted her to a section of the hotel where her boyfriend was waiting on a balcony to propose to her.