Grays Lake, Ill. (PRWEB) January 5, 2009
With the touch of a button on a computer or a telephone, traveling college kids could let their families, friends and loved ones know that they are safe with EverybodyIsSafe.com -- a new email, phone call and text messaging safety system from Trepidus LLC.
"In today's chaos of campus shootings, natural disasters, and the fear of terrorism, this new emergency contact service at http://www.EverybodyIsSafe.com that combines 411 and 911 becomes a Gift of Love," says Dr. Debi Yohn, a psychologist specializing in college parenting and grief management. "During an emergency sharing personal and medical information could save a life, buy time and decrease worry."
Without EverybodyIsSafe.com, when college students have an emergency, their parents and loved ones may not be notified for hours, days and maybe not at all. "I wish I knew about EverybodyIsSafe.com when my son was in college," says Yohn. "He was involved in a serious car accident, and even though the police and hospital had all his emergency information it was 18 long hours before I was contacted. And, it was too late - I could not be at his side in his time of need."
Here's how the new, "Everybody Is Safe Emergency Alert System" works:
1. Upon a membership, college students will create a list of emergency contacts. There is no limit to how many friends and family members that can be added to the list.
2. Medical information and emergency contact information is stored. With one phone call this information is available to emergency responders.
3. The college student receiving this gift will get an ID card to put behind his or her driver's license. Your college student will also receive stickers to attach to any ID, cell phone or badge.
4. In an emergency, professionals call and the toll-free number for EverybodyIsSafe.com who will tell them whom to contact.
5. EverybodyIsSafe.com will alert the college student's emergency contacts by email and text message - and call them in life threatening situations. Now parents and loved ones of college students will know where their college student is, what has happened and how to get in touch with those caring for them.
6. With the push of a single button by their college student, parents and friends will know when the student arrived safely at his or her destination, made it through that storm, flood or earthquake or that an emergency occurred. If the college student is traveling in India, China, Europe or across the USA there could be an incident that leaves parents and loved ones at home wondering "Are you safe?" The Every Body Is Safe button on your computer or your smart phone will quiet your worries.
The EverybodyIsSafe.com Emergency Alert System and Instant "I'm OK" Notification service is good anywhere in the world. Parents of college students can find out via phone and computer that their loved one is safe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. And, It is inexpensive - only $7.95 per month.
For more information or to get started please go to http://www.EveryBodyIsSafe.com/.
EverybodySafe.com was created out of personal experience. Mariette Frey (EverybodyIsSafe.com Co-Founder and Co-President) was rushed to the hospital in August of 2006 and was admitted. She had just moved to the San Francisco Bay area and only knew 2 people. One of her new friends was kind enough to call her parents in Illinois but the hospital made no notification attempts. Her parents, not knowing any of the last names of her friends, much less their phone numbers were powerless to let anyone else know. And, because of this experience and breakdown in communication, Mariette Frey partnered with Jacob Hargrave to give college students and their families the instant emergency tools necessary to take control of their lives and exercise their rights to make sure their families, co-workers and friends will be informed if something were to happen to them. You can contact EverybodyIsSafe.com via their website at http://www.EverybodyIsSafe.com or by calling 800-399-0295.