Wareham, Dorset UK (PRWEB) January 6, 2009
Independent companies need to think creatively if they are to source key employees and boost business in tough times, warns Effective People.
Despite the recession, the Dorset HR company is still receiving calls from firms struggling to recruit key professionals.
Small and medium-sized companies are calling on Effective People's corporate knowledge to help them attract the 'best of the best'.
Effective People Director Barbara Brown said: "There's an illusion that the whole of business is under the cosh in the recession - it is not.
"The jobs are still out there in certain sectors, notably in specialist engineering companies that do not compete on price."
Employers still need highly skilled professionals to drive business growth but they may not be household names so candidates do not actively seek them out.
"These companies find it difficult, expensive and time-consuming to recruit candidates who have the right background and experience," said Barbara.
"Some have been forced to take on candidates who did not fit the ideal profile, simply because they were the best they could find."
Effective People's team brings a different perspective to the recruitment process because they are HR advisers.
Effective People works with forward-thinking companies, showing them how to:
- identify the right candidates
- actively access these candidates
- interview and hire them without needing to use expensive candidate profiling.
"You successfully hire employees who meet your requirements, learn techniques you can use for future campaigns and reduce costs."
For further advice and support on managing recruitment, contact Effective People on 0844 568 9970.
Notes For Editors
45 Mill Lane
Tel: +44 (0)8445 689970
Effective People comprises highly experienced corporate HR specialists offering a range of services including:
- 'on demand' HR consultancy
- specialist advice on challenging employment issues
- HR audits and HR strategy.
Effective People provides commercial people management expertise across a range of companies throughout the South of England.
Clients' businesses include engineering, manufacturing, service providers (private and not-for-profit) and retailers.
Five good reasons to choose Effective People as your HR consultancy:
- We work only for employers and focus on delivering cost-effective, measurable results for your business.
- All our HR consultants are CIPD qualified with extensive HR experience, coupled with a strong commercial understanding gained in a wide variety of business sectors and industries.
- We're opinionated, honest in our approach, but we never judge or tell you how to run your business.
- We recognise that directors and managers need to spend time focussing on growing and developing the business; we free up your time to ensure you are able to do just that.
- It's our job to stay up-to-date with the latest employment law and best practice. We keep you informed if it's relevant, but don't bog you down with too much detail.