Woodbridge, VA (PRWEB) January 6, 2009
The First-ever Sikh Inaugural Ball, to be held Jan. 20, 2009, just a few blocks from the White House, will be a great place to feel the energy of an historic Presidential Inauguration and to rub shoulders with Indian and Asian Americans in the next four years.
The Sikh Inaugural Ball will honor:
- Charmaine Manansala, a Filipina-American immigrant, serves on the Presidential Inaugural Committee. She served as the National Director of the Obama for American AAPI Vote Team.
- Sonal Shah, formerly with Google, now serves on the 15-member Presidential Transition Team.
- Nick Rathod, National Outreach Director of South Asians for Obama and one of its founding members.
- Arti Rai, a professor of patent law at Duke University, and a classmate of Obama at Harvard Law School
- and other Sikh- and Indian-Americans who were instrumental in this historic Victory and
The Sikh Inaugural Ball will also felicitate Miss Supreet Malhi, a Washington, DC-native who was a finalist in the World Punjaban Contest.
Plan to attend this historic event!
Sign up for this event at http://www.sikhinauguralball.com.
Only 300 tickets will be sold. This event is very close to being sold out.
# # #