For the first time, network professionals will be able to populate entire racks or configure blank chassis for use in network documentation, to represent their real life counterparts.
Lisle, IL (PRWEB) January 5, 2009
Altima Technologies today announces the release of NetZoom™ 9, an all-new version of its leading network design and diagramming software. With an improved feature set for creating professional network designs, rack elevations and data center layouts in Microsoft Visio and Autodesk AutoCAD, NetZoom 9 allows network professionals to have all of the equipment information needed right at their fingertips.
"NetZoom breaks away from the traditional way of diagramming networks and datacenters using symbols or icons to represent network infrastructure", says Alan Schenwar , General Manager of Altima Technologies, "For the first time, network professionals will be able to populate entire racks or configure blank chassis for use in network documentation, to represent their real life counterparts."
Along with its newly designed user interface, NetZoom 9 provides enhanced design and diagramming features to help professionals save time, money, and effort when creating their network documentation.
New Feature Highlights in NetZoom:
- RackBuilder™ and Data Center Wizard™ for Visio: To create detailed rack and data center floor diagrams, NetZoom's RackBuilder builds front and rear rack views simultaneously. NetZoom's Data Center Wizard can diagram data center floors of any size with manufacturer and model-specific overhead rack view shapes to show hot/cold aisles and other vital details effortlessly.
- Configurator: Entire racks and network devices can be configured to match their real life counterparts. Once a device is configured it can be saved into a user defined library for later use.
- Watermarks: Create and apply watermarks to network equipment for easy identification or instructions on equipment status for planning purposes or tracking within network designs or diagrams. Users are able to create watermarks from an image, text, or choose from a dynamic properties list.
- Properties Manager: Network administrators can quickly add device properties on the fly or choose to import a complete list of properties. Properties can be customized on a project basis providing greater control and flexibility in managing and designing networks.
- Smart Update: An improved Smart Update feature allows users to easily download updates to their NetZoom library.
- Enhanced User Interface: The new three pane interface offers users simplified access to all of NetZoom's features in an intuitive layout. The enhanced Search, Configurator, and Properties panes provide network professionals all the tools needed to find, configure, and customize network shapes within their network documentation.
NetZoom is available as a renewable 12-month subscription. Subscribers can download updates to their NetZoom library, submit free shape requests and receive free technical support. Subscriptions are available in a single-user, five-user and ten-user packs.
NetZoom packages offer the Computer/Telecom, Audio/Video, or the all inclusive Universal equipment shape/Visio stencil library. NetZoom is available for Internet download and users may purchase an optional Media Pack, which includes an installation DVD, a user guide and two quarterly shape updates shipped via DVD. Visit http://www.NetZoom.net for complete pricing options.
About Altima Technologies:
Altima Technologies, Inc., founded in 1995, is an Illinois corporation with headquarters in the Chicago area. Altima has pioneered revolutionary solutions in the areas of network design, diagramming, and documentation with its NetZoom software, enabling IT professionals to more effectively design, manage and optimize their networks. Altima, a Microsoft Certified Partner, is recognized worldwide as the leading solution provider in these fields and offers custom shape and Visio stencil solutions to clients and partners. For more information about Altima or to learn more about our customized solutions, visit http://www.NetZoom.net or call 630.281.6464.
Altima Technologies, Inc.
info (at) AltimaTech.com