Cumberland, RI (PRWEB) January 7, 2009
Indigo Eight Software's release of AjaxPDF 2.5 lets thousands of Dot Net Nuke (DNN) 4.x users view PDF documents in-line. AjaxPDF's integration with DNN makes installation simple. Once installed, simply choose the PDF document to display, apply any of the optional security settings and the PDF document appears in-line within the Dot Net Nuke site. This allows DNN administrators to maintain the look and feel of their site. Users can seamlessly interact with the site's navigation and other installed modules on the page.
AjaxPDF 2.5 also introduces the ability to add industry-standard barcodes like postnet, EAN-13 and others. Barcodes can be added dynamically user either AJAX-based client-side actions or be done via the server. In either case, this newest version of AjaxPDF makes adding barcodes to a PDF document quick and easy.
Also new in this release is the ability to create email messages that contain the PDF document as an attachment. Accomplished with server-side code, AjaxPDF can attach a PDF document (including sign and filled PDF forms) to an email that can then be sent via .Net messaging methods.
To view PDF documents using AjaxPDF users require only the free Adobe Reader and a major Web browser. No software installation required. AjaxPDF is compatible with Adobe Reader 7.0.9 or through Adobe Reader 9.0. For developers, AjaxPDF 2.5 supports the version 2.0 thorough 3.5 of the Microsoft .Net framework. It requires Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008 or the free Visual Studio Express Edition products.
AjaxPDF's new version includes 5 new samples bringing the total number of samples to more than 30 real-world samples ranging from examples of the new barcode and email features, how to set the status of a loading PDF, examples on using the new AjaxPDF library for easy, safe storage of PDF documents in shared hosting environments and much, much more.
This new release builds on an already rich set of features that include:
- Integrated display of PDFs within a web site that preserves the site's navigation, security and design.
- Increase usability with pre-built or customizable navigational controls.
- Allow users to fill, submit, save and send PDF forms. No coding or modifications to your PDFs required.
- Make use of AjaxPDF's toolbar for navigating and viewing PDFs - or customize the toolbar with your own buttons, drop-downs, images, links, etc. to meet your needs.
- Dynamic PDF creation or on-the-fly manipulation of existing PDFs.
- Completely customize the appearance of the PDF display area, toolbar and toolbar items using standard CSS (cascading style sheets) via Class names and or Visual Studio property sheets.
- Easy population of PDF forms using ASP.NET datasources, collections and even XML files.
- Pre-built actions for common navigation, form saving or submitting, zooming, printing and much more that can be used immediately "out-of-the-box", customized, or extended.
Visual Studio 2005, 2008 (and Express) Features
- AjaxPDF consists of 5 Web Controls - the AjaxPDF control, plus the button, drop-down, link, separator and textbox toolbar Web controls. You may also use the many third-party or standard Visual Studio Web controls as toolbar items.
- Use the Task panel for quick and easy configuration of AjaxPDF - without writing a single line of code.
- Design-mode toolbar template that allows an integrated preview and drag-and-drop configuration of toolbar items.
- Easy-to-use dialog boxes for configuring the PDF document's properties, security and other options.
- An extensive set of properties that can be set to customize the toolbar and how the PDF is displayed - all reducing (or eliminating) code written.
- AjaxPDF includes a sample ASP.NET 2.5 Web site with more than 30 functional, documented examples of AjaxPDF including form population from files and databases, dynamic loading of PDFs, client and server-side event management and creating and displaying PDFs dynamically.
AjaxPDF 2.5 pricing starts at $249 (US). Other versions with additional support options are available. AjaxPDF can be licensed either by the domain name or with a royalty-free license (approved for redistributing AjaxPDF in third-party commercial ASP.NET applications) for general use (without registering it to one or more domain names). Pricing for the royalty-free version starts at $999 (US). Additional domain name license can be purchased at $29 (US) each.
A trial version of AjaxPDF is available from the Indigo Eight Software Web site at http://www.indigoeightsoftware.com. The trial version is fully-functional and may be license for production deployment at any time.
About Indigo Eight Software:
Indigo Eight Software develops wildly innovative, cost-effective PDF solutions. Set to bridge the gap between enterprise-level system functionality and affordability, Indigo Eight Software leverages the partnerships it establishes with each customer and client to uniquely address their needs. The company has grown out of more than 15 years of experience in developing software and solutions for a wide range of customers. Indigo Eight Software is located in Cumberland, RI.