Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 6, 2009
CHICAGO - January 5, 2009 - To help consumers kick-off a new year of travel and beat the wintertime woes, Orbitz (http://www.orbitz.com)], the only online travel site to offer Price AssuranceSM, is launching a Winter Sale that invites travelers to stop hibernating and hit the road. Whether it is a tropical beach or a snow-covered ski resort, the Orbitz Winter Sale offers hotel and package discounts that will help travelers book an affordable getaway to cure the winter blues.
Between now and March 29, 2009 (certain blackout dates apply), travelers who book on orbitz.com can save up to 50% on select hotels in more than 45 destinations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Samples of the discounts found through the Orbitz Winter Sale include :
- Orlando, Regal Sun Resort: Feb. 20-23 - from $79 per night. 50% off stay
- Dominican Republic, Dreams Punta Cana Resort and Spa: March 6-9 - from $217 per night. 40% off stay plus $200 resort credit
- Hawaii, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa at Ko'Olina: Jan. 16-19 - from $249 per night. 50% off stay
- Cancun, La Meridien Cancun Resort and Spa: Jan. 23-26 - from $294 per night. 50% off per night PLUS two kids under 12 stay free
Warm-up West Coast Style:
- San Diego, Kings Inn: Feb. 20-23 - from $55 per night. 45% off stay
- Orange County, Anabella: Jan 9-12 - from $79 per night. 30% off stay
- San Francisco, Hotel Whitcomb: March 6-9 - from $155 per night. 50% off stay
Hit the Slopes:
- Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort: March 5-9 - from $141 per night. 30% off 4 nights
- Breckenridge, Crystal Peak Lodge: April 3-6 - from $218 per night. 50% off stay
- Vail, Austria Haus Club and Hotel: Feb. 27 - March 2 - from $258 per night. 40% off 3 nights
For full Orbitz Winter Sale details, including blackout dates, visit Orbitz.com. Offers vary by property.
Orbitz is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and purchase a broad array of travel products, including airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages. Since launching its website to the general public in June 2001, Orbitz has become one of the largest online travel sites in the world based on gross travel bookings. On Orbitz, consumers can search more than 75,000 suppliers worldwide including airlines, hotels and car rental companies. Orbitz is a brand that is owned and operated by Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: OWW).
# # #