Kansas City, Mo (PRWEB) January 7, 2009
Punch! Software has released the next generation of home design software with the Punch! Home and Landscape Design Studio for Mac. The focus of this completely new package was to build the easiest product possible for an end user, while maintaining and expanding the rich feature set for which Punch! is known.
Home and Landscape Design Studio is a completely new product from Punch! Software sporting new features such as a QuickStart system to allow a user to build a home quickly, "Going Green" services which offer a wealth of information to help you build more energy efficient with just the click of a button, and a completely new and updated object library for more realistic 3D modeling. The software is built to help users save time and most importantly, money.
One of the best features of Punch! software has been the ability to build a 2D plan and review it in 3D instantly. Home and Landscape Design Studio takes this ability to the next level and makes it easier to use than ever before. Simply open the software and begin dragging whole rooms into place. Resize all rooms appropriately and complete the process. Users can instantly see their design in 3D and walk around or fly through their model. Check out the video on the Punch! Software website showing how to build a home in 59 seconds.
While QuickStart gets you designing and building a dream home in minimal time, the list of new features in this software will allow users to customize every detail:
- Video Tutorials - Over 100 minutes of live video directly in the software to help users be productive right out of the box
- Smart Rooms - Intelligent room detection gives complete automation that changes when the size or shape of the design changes, including the roof!
- Speed and Performance - Up to 26 times faster rendering speed than Punch! competitors for quick, smooth 3D views of your changes
- LogiCursor - Intelligent cursor helps quickly snap and align objects and walls
- Photo-Realistic Cabinets, Doors, and Outdoor Items - Make designs more realistic than ever before. New hardware options are included.
- Auto Roof Generation - Roofing is now generated automatically and can be easily modified
- New 3D Objects - Expanded library with stunning looks to bring a design to life - includes home theatre items
- Google® SketchUp Support - Access to millions of objects that can be imported into Punch! designs
- Support Services - Quickly locate support information such as our FAQ or contact our US based support professionals by phone or email
- Integrated Online Shopping - Instantly search for thousands of building related items and even purchase without ever leaving the application
- Large Format Prints - Once a user is done with their unique design, Punch! printing services allows the user to order a print of the floor plan and have it delivered directly to their door
- Professional Contractors - Utilize Punch!'s search service to locate local contractors who can help turn a good design into reality.
With Punch! Home and Landscape Design Suite, users are able to quickly create a dream home. Users can now see how easily home design software can help them visualize results before even starting a project.
About Punch! Software
Punch! Software was founded in 1998 with the premise that 3D design software should be as fun to use as it is productive. With more than 3 million units of its Mac and Windows products sold via retail stores across the world, Punch! Software has consistently been the best-selling home and landscape design retail software brand in the U.S. for the last 9 years. The company excels in providing highly productive, but very affordable, software that appeals to 3D design hobbyist and professional users.
Products developed and marketed by Punch! Software include: ViaCAD™ 2D, ViaCAD™ 2D/3D, ViaCAD™ Pro, Shark™, Shark™ FX, Professional Home Design Suite®, Home Design Studio™, Home Design Architectural Series®, Master Landscape & Home Design®, Landscape, Deck & Patio Designer™ and Interior Design Suite™. Punch! Software is based in Kansas City, MO. More information on Punch! Software can be found at http://www.punchcad.com and http://www.punchsoftware.com.
For more information, visit http://www.punchsoftware.com or contact Stuart Cohen at stuart.cohen (at) punchsoftware.com or 816-746-4068.