Customers continue to choose us for our unique combination of a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Demand Signal Repository integrated with proprietary applications leveraging retailer data and deep industry expertise in how to translate information into tangible value in the store and at the shelf.
Sunnyvale, CA (PRWEB) January 7, 2009
Retail Solutions Inc., the leading solution provider helping consumer product goods (CPG) companies create value with retailer data, today reported a record year in 2008. During the past twelve months, Retail Solutions significantly strengthened its leadership position in its market, now serving over 550 customer teams at more than 300 companies, including 7 of the 8 largest global CPG companies.
"This is the proof that our strategy works," said Dr. Jonathan Golovin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Retail Solutions. "Customers continue to choose us for our unique combination of a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Demand Signal Repository integrated with proprietary applications leveraging retailer data and deep industry expertise in how to translate information into tangible value in the store and at the shelf."
Highlights for 2008 include:
- Retail Solutions signed up 48 new customers and extended the breadth and width of its relationship with many others.
- Retail Solutions announced new partnerships with three retailers: Walgreens, Food Lion and Hannaford all selected Retail Solutions as their solution to share data with their entire supplier community. Retail Solutions now works with data from 31 retailers, including 7 of the top 10 U.S. retailers.
- Retail Solutions successfully completed two acquisitions, expanding both its solution offering and its development capacity: VeriSign® Retail Data Services in January and a division of ProSource Development in April. At the end of the year, both divisions were fully integrated and their size significantly larger than at the time of their acquisition.
- As a result, Retail Solutions revenue more than tripled.
- This market traction was recompensed by several industry awards (Consumer Goods Technology, Supply and Demand Chain) and extensive coverage from the leading analysts in our industry (AMR Research, Gartner)
"Retail Solutions is well positioned to grow organically in 2009," added Peter Rieman, Executive Vice-President, Retail Solutions. "In an uncertain economic environment, CPG companies will look for solution providers with enough resources to weather the storm. Our scale and pure SaaS model gives us a large and stable foundation of recurring revenue to build onto - enabling us to concentrate on how to improve our offerings and best support our customers."
About Retail Solutions Inc.:
Retail Solutions applies science to retailer data. Retail Solutions develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions that turn retailer data, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and EPC data into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf.
More than 300 leading companies such as Bausch & Lomb, Bayer, Colgate-Palmolive, Clorox, HP, Kao Brands, Kraft, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt-Benckiser, Schering-Plough Corp., Stemilt and Unilever trust Retail Solutions to grow their retail sales, maximize in-store operation productivity, plan and execute more effective promotions, reduce their costs and join efforts with retail partners to improve shelf availability and consumer satisfaction. Please visit http://www.retailsolutions.com for more information.