Many onboarding applications are presented as ‘afterthoughts’ – or simple handshakes – from applicant tracking and recruitment systems
(PRWEB) January 7, 2009
Enwisen, the leader in next generation workforce communications platforms that improve the delivery of HR services while reducing the costs, today announced the release of Version 4.1 of AnswerSource Onboarding, a component of Enwisen’s AnswerSource Workforce Portal suite. AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1 orchestrates a rich onboarding experience vs. simply automating “to do” lists, while providing HR and hiring managers with consolidated, simplified dashboards to easily and quickly track onboarding status.
For a quick demo of AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1, click here: https://enwisenevents.webex.com/enwisenevents/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=EC&rID=29496362&rKey=FA25E9C37133FD1A
According to Gartner “These (onboarding) solutions will help ensure that all the activities required in the onboarding process are completed in a timely fashion. In an environment where employee tenure continues to diminish (it is expected that people coming into the workforce will have more than 20 jobs by the time they retire), it is critical that new hires get to productivity as quickly as possible. Onboarding solutions can help make this possible. In addition, a poorly executed onboarding process can reduce employee engagement from the new hire and can negatively affect the employer brand.”1
AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1, available now, leverages a powerful, process-based platform to enrich the new hire experience and simplify onboarding management:
- Process-Driven Tour: AnswerSource [Onboarding leads new employees through step-by-step tours that present forms, policies, corporate content, acknowledgements and socialization messaging and materials. The employer-managed presentation of tour materials ensures best-practices and a rich user experience.
- Simplified Workflow: Multiple tasks can be bundled into a single efficient workflow package that can be routed to different groups, roles, and managers. This reduces the complexity of managing multiple, separate tasks relating to a single new hire.
- Next Generation Graphical Dashboards: Personalized, interactive dashboards for HR administrators and hiring managers provide at-a-glance views of everything important to stakeholders in new, intuitive and easy-to-understand graphical presentations. The progress of the new hire process, for individuals or aggregate during times of heavy seasonal hiring, is consolidated as a percentage of process completion vs. having to monitor the status of every individual step. This saves time and simplifies management.
“The process-driven tours, workflows and graphical dashboards in AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1 bring the new hire experience and process management to an intuitive level not seen before in these types of applications,” said D.J. Chhabra, Enwisen’s president. “Most onboarding applications are designed around ‘to-do lists’ – presenting each new employee with a daunting list of tasks that must be completed prior to his or her start date. This can be as frustrating to a new hire as sitting in a room and filling out forms on the first day.
“AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1 solves this problem with personalized tours that orchestrate the delivery of relevant information about culture, policies, goals and benefits. The process creates an innovative new-hire experience based on best practices. This allows for a more exciting and productive first day on the job.
“Added to these benefits, the interactive dashboards consolidate and simplify workflow tasks. Managers or administrators can view tours at risk, overdue, and not started. They can drill down to view more detailed information and perform tasks. In other words, these dashboards have beauty and brains,” added Chhabra.
Additional features designed to simplify the onboarding process and process management include:
- The ability to support employee life-cycle related tours and events – such as new manager tours for promotions and offboarding tours – all complete with workflow and electronic acknowledgments. This turns AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1 into a complete events engine for all major phases of an employee’s career history with an organization.
- Graphics show tour status as percentage complete, on time, past due, and at risk.
- Advanced hiring manager views via both dashboards and more in-depth inbox management. The easy-to-interpret views make management of the onboarding process intuitive for line managers who hire frequently or those who hire only occasionally.
- Web 2.0 interface provides a true, intuitive desktop experience to present workflow in a way that people are used to working. Multiple tabs can be opened without losing views, and new hires can move between tabs without refreshing.
- Interactive analytics allow HR and hiring managers to click on summary graphics to drill down to more specific information.
- Internal email and message templates allow HR and hiring managers to save time by pre-authoring common email and messages. This supports consistency and compliance and promotes socialization via embedded, personalized messages.
- Inbox proxy allows managers to delegate authority to other managers.
- Specific pre-boarding tasks – such as acknowledgement that a background check will be conducted – can be personalized prior to the start of the actual onboarding process.
- The ability to embed the functionality of other applications (such as performance management solutions) and websites (such as map/direction sites) into the workflow process.
AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1 is the newest release of Enwisen’s AnswerSource Onboarding – the industry’s only onboarding solution that fully integrates with an HR portal platform that stands alone or integrates with all major portal platforms; a personalized, searchable HR knowledgebase; benefits decision support tools; and an online total rewards modeling tool – integrating all key components of an onboarding experiences that extends throughout the period critical for new hire retention.
“Many onboarding applications are presented as ‘afterthoughts’ – or simple handshakes – from applicant tracking and recruitment systems," said Chhabra. "Enwisen recognizes that onboarding is an extremely important process that should start when an offer is made and continue until the new employee has achieved productivity and is socialized into the organization – past the first six months are when most new hires decide whether or not to stay with their new employer. The exciting enhancements in version 4.1 will provide our customers with even more powerful features to increase productivity on day one, orchestrate the entire onboarding process from start to finish, and decrease new-hire turnover.”
For more information on AnswerSource Onboarding 4.1, contact Enwisen at 1-800 685-5578, or visit http://www.enwisen.com/solutions/onboarding_offboarding.html.
1) Gartner, Inc. "Hype Cycle for Human Capital Management Software, 2008" by James Holincheck and Thomas Otter, July 9, 2008
Enwisen delivers technology that helps employers improve the delivery of HR services while reducing the costs. Its AnswerSource HR Service Delivery suite includes AnswerSource HR Shared Services/Case Management, AnswerSource Onboarding, AnswerSource HR Knowledgebase and AnswerSource Total Rewards Statement. AnswerSource is rapidly deployed, and fully hosted and maintained by Enwisen. AnswerSource has produced measurable ROI for hundreds of customers – like Yahoo!, Memorial Health Care, State of Montana, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, Nissan North America, W.L. Gore & Associates and Alegent Health. http://www.enwisen.com.
(415)-897-0728 x 221
blevin (at) enwisen.com
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.