CommSolv's Mobile Asset Management platform offers advanced device management, user self-service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server-specific control capabilities that are of particular value to enterprises managing the end to end lifecycle for large scale deployments of BlackBerry smartphones
Toronto, ON (PRWEB) January 8, 2009
CommSolv (http://www.commsolv.com), a leader in Communications Asset Management solutions for wireless and wireline networks announces that it has joined the BlackBerry® Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Alliance Program.
Membership in the BlackBerry Alliance Program has helped CommSolv develop a seamlessly integrated wireless device management solution for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server on CommSolv's Mobile Asset Management platform.
The CommSolv Communications Asset Management platform enables enterprises to centralize the control of their corporate wireless assets, making it easy for them to:
- Save money and increase budget predictability by establishing and enforcing corporate policies about the phones, service plans and features that each employee is allowed to order.
- Increase control of assets and sensitive data by centrally storing and automatically updating the record of all their wireless assets, who they are assigned to and their statuses.
- Increase customer satisfaction by providing a self-service portal for new wireless service requests and service changes.
- Increase IT efficiency by managing service provider orders and synchronizing inventory with new service orders and service changes.
- Increase IT efficiency and auditing capability by standardizing workflow process flows for new, disconnected and changed assets
CommSolv will be providing specific functionality for managing users on BlackBerry Enterprise Server including:
- Self-service activation, to streamline the process of getting new BlackBerry® smartphone users up and running
- Automated deactivation of BlackBerry smartphones, ensuring corporate data is protected in the event a person's BlackBerry smartphone is lost or stolen
"CommSolv's Mobile Asset Management platform offers advanced device management, user self-service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server-specific control capabilities that are of particular value to enterprises managing the end to end lifecycle for large scale deployments of BlackBerry smartphones," said Anaud Ganpaul, VP Product Management at CommSolv. "Our membership in the BlackBerry Alliance Program will help us enormously as we roll out new, innovative, BlackBerry Enterprise Server-specific capabilities to our customers."
CommSolv develops on-demand software solutions that help enterprises and service providers simplify the management of their corporate wireless and wireline communications assets. The CommSolv Communications Asset Management platform enables customers to centralize, streamline and automate the complete lifecycle of managing and operating their wireless and wireline devices, services and equipment. By building accurate, easy to manage inventories of all wireless and wireline communications assets, organizations can gain control of the runaway costs associated with their end to end voice and data communications services. CommSolv customers and partners include a growing list of some of the world's most successful enterprises and service providers. Founded in 1999, CommSolv is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and has U.S. offices in Atlanta and Chicago. For additional information, please visit commsolv.com.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
# # #