Witlshire, UK (PRWEB) January 12, 2009
Train Chartering has provided Cruise Saver Travel with an exclusive First Class Pullman dining train from Manchester, Birmingham and Oxford to and from Cunard's Queen Victoria in the Port of Southampton, the first time for decades that a 'boat train' has visited the Western Docks' Mayflower Terminal, pulling up alongside a cruise ship or liner.
The private train's First Class air-conditioned intercity carriages have panoramic windows, sound-proofing, good suspension, armchair seats and full-size tables, all of which contribute to a comfortable environment for Pullman dining and good conversation.
Train Chartering provided a more appropriate way than coaches or normal train travel for customers to join Queen Victoria for a luxury Christmas and New Year cruise.
Luggage was loaded into the train's baggage cars on arrival at each station and then delivered direct to passengers' cabins on Queen Victoria.
From the comfort of their First Class seats, passengers were checked in by Cunard personnel travelling on the train, which avoided queuing in the Mayflower terminal.
A brass band playing Christmas favourites greeted the train as it arrived, on time, beside Queen Victoria at the red-carpeted platform dressed with festive decorations.
The return journey went without incident, the train providing a direct, hassle-free and relaxing end to a perfect 3-week cruise on one of the world's most luxurious ships.
Nearly 200 passengers on each journey all enjoyed fine dining, chef-prepared on board and served by uniformed stewards. Several customers commented that the standard of the cuisine and service was comparable to that onboard Queen Victoria.
Simon Pielow of Train Chartering believes that the time is now right for the re-introduction of the Ocean Liner Express service, For over 10 years, Train Chartering's private trains have been making tracks - the best way to travel on earth; now we are also making waves, with the Cruise Saver Travel Express to Queen Victoria! What better way is there to join a cruise?"
Stephen Bath of Cruise Saver Travel is enthusiastic about the Cruise Saver Travel Express, "The train and staff were literally first class in every way; fine dining served by attentive stewards in the comfortable Pullman environment of a beautifully presented train that is maintained to the highest standard by a dedicated crew. I look forward to the next Cruise Saver Travel Express!"
Train Chartering has a stable of luxury train offerings, which also includes Private Rail Cars and the Luxury Train Club. The Cruise Saver Express was sympathetically branded however Soundwave Express illustrates the ultimate themed and branded train. Transport Charter offers multi-modal passenger charter options for when a train is not appropriate.
Simon Pielow, +44 (0)1249-890 176
John Capel, +44 (0)1202-641 077
Notes for editors
1. Press briefing notes from +44 (0) 1249-890 176 or email via the website.
2. Photos of the train are available on request.
3. Train Chartering supplies private charter trains and carriages and intends to operate more 'boat trains' to re-introduce the Ocean Liner Express services from various parts of the UK. http://www.trainchartering.com
4. Private Rail Cars provides private carriages (rail cars) in the USA and elsewhere. http://www.privaterailcars.net
5. Luxury Train Club is a fusion of luxury train owners, member travellers and selected third parties. http://www.luxurytrainclub.com
6. Soundwave Express is about branded & themed trains. http://www.soundwaveexpress.com
7. Transport Charter has multi-model passenger transport solutions for air, water and land. http://www.transportcharter.com
8. Cruise Saver Travel http://www.cruisesavertravel.co.uk established in 1989, is a leading independent cruise agent that has preferred partner status with all major cruise lines, which allows them to offer premium discounts. In 2008 Cunard presented Cruise Saver Travel with a prestigious award acknowledging them as Queen Victoria's top agents. Cruise Saver Travel is owned by Bath Travel http://www.bathtravel.co.uk.
9. The Ocean Liner Express services ran to the Western Docks of Southampton Port for many years, providing Pullman dining and First Class comfort to passengers departing or arriving on the world's classic liners such as the original Queen Mary.