Manalapan, NJ (PRWEB) January 12, 2009
Improved male health has been constantly an ever evolving theme in a society where colon cancers and prostate cancers claim thousands of lives every year. And with keeping better male health, doctors recommend that all men over the age of thirty have a regular colonoscopy--which allows doctors to examine their colon and determine whether or not they are at risk of colon cancers or prostate cancers--so that they can provide an early diagnosis and increase the odds of eliminating any found cancers before they have a chance to spread to other areas of the body, and or become untreatable or terminal.
A commonly prescribed drug that is administered to most patients prior to having a colonoscopy is oral sodium phosphate (OSP)--most often prescribed under the brands of Visicol and OsmoPrep--which is used to cleanse the colon prior to the procedure. But the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has issued a December 17th (2008) warning that they will be mandating a new label for all colon cleanse products that contain OSP due to newer reports of serious averse side effects, which include acute phosphate nephropathy or acute kidney injury (AKI), that have been reported in patients who have been administered drugs containing OSP prior to a colonoscopy.
Furthermore, the FDA has announced that they will be mandating labeling modifications to both prescribed colon cleanse products and over-the-counter products which contain OSP. "Though rare, these are serious adverse events associated with the use of oral sodium phosphates in both prescription and over-the-counter products," states Janet Woodcock, the medical director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). The FDA is also currently advising that children under the age of eighteen years should not use any sort of OSP products for colon cleansing whatsoever due to their kidneys still being in a developmental state.
"While the risk of contracting acute kidney injury (AKI) is relatively rare in comparison with the amounts of people using OSP colon cleansing products, it is still a dangerous and inherent risk that is attached to using such prescribed drugs for colon cleansing," states Daniel Watters, spokesperson for Pharmaxa Labs--a leading nutraceutical company. "Our colon cleansing product (Colopril) offers the same benefits as any OSP product for cleansing the colon, however there are no known adverse side effects associated with its usage."
For more information on how Colopril all-natural colon cleanse can help to gently and safely cleanse the colon, please visit them online at: http://www.colopril.com
- Breakthrough total body detoxification supplement created by Pharmaxa Labs--a leading nutraceutical company
- Pharmaceutical-grade product that works quickly to cleanse toxins and is gentle on the colon
- The inexpensive yet equally as effective alternative to colon hydrotherapy, or costly visits to the gastroenterologist or day spa
- Contains a proprietary blend of all-natural, plant-based ingredients like: Cascara Seed, a natural laxative, and Psyllium seed--which aids in the function of waste elimination in the intestines to allow for a gentle, entirely safe and all-natural colon cleansing
- Thoroughly cleanses and detoxifies the colon, kidneys, lungs and the heart
- Maximizes the absorption of vitamins and minerals
- Works to minimize chronic migraines and headaches
- Minimizes the occurrences of irritability and fatigue
- Eradicates harmful intestinal parasites
- Relieves constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Greatly reduces the risk of contracting colon cancer and other cancers by flushing out harmful toxins from the colon
- Cleanses bodily toxins, contributing to clearer and smoother skin in a matter of a few weeks
- Helps to eliminate unwanted weight and minimize abnormal weight gain
- Boosts the effectiveness of the immune system and the digestive track
- Heightens energy levels naturally
- Has no known adverse side effects
- 100% safe, effective and all-natural
- Available online at their secured website for a generous discount at: http://www.colopril.com
# # #