Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) January 14, 2009
Vianix® today announced a revolutionary successor to its well known and widely deployed MASC® technology. SPART™ (Speech Processing for Automatic Recognition Technology) is a completely re-architected solution which delivers the ultimate in high quality voice reconstruction with unrivaled human intelligibility and Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) accuracy.
MASC® has been delivering value in key vertical industries such as Healthcare and Legal for over 10 years, with an installed base of over 500,000 end users. During this time Vianix® became acutely aware of the need for an approach which did not simply offer voice compression at the expense of voice quality, but rather one which focused first and foremost on voice quality and leveraged other speech processing technologies as well as compression to deliver voice that is essentially indistinguishable, or even better, than the original.
Over two years in development, and now in several key commercial engagements, SPART™ has been benchmarked against virtually every other readily available technique, both in terms of voice quality and ASR accuracy. The results are dramatic: SPART™ achieves 10% to 17% higher voice quality and 57% to 88% better ASR accuracy compared to other standards-based and proprietary approaches, thus delivering great value in a variety of applications in several markets. They include:
- Healthcare: SPART™ has demonstrated 10% direct savings in Medical Transcriptionists' efficiency alone, based on higher intelligibility, even before the impact of increased ASR accuracy on the dictation/transcription workflow is included
- Public Safety, Legal and Insurance: SPART™ has delivered an over 40% increase in ASR accuracy for a mobile-based dictation/transcription workflow, moving the product past a critical acceptance barrier
- Call Center/Speech Analytics: SPART™ has been shown to improve Speech Analytics accuracy Figure of Merit scores by 10 to 20% over original PCM
- Mobile Voice Services: SPART™ offers client voice capture to back-end ASR architectures an optimal mix of bandwidth management and high ASR accuracy plus tuning capabilities
- Voice Biometrics: SPART™ has demonstrated accuracy improvements over 1% in both true and impostor scores
- Semiconductor: SPART™ is enabling the addition of a host of new embedded devices as points of capture for the dictation/transcription workflow
SPART™ is available today on a broad variety of platforms. Please contact Vianix® for further information.
Vianix® is a fast paced technology company with corporate headquarters located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Created in April 2000 by its parent company iMPAQ™ Corporation, one of the region's leading computer network and IT integrators, Vianix® has developed MASC® (Managed Audio Sound Compression) and SPART™ (Speech Processing for Automatic Recognition Technology), speech algorithm suites, which provides users with the most memory efficient, highest quality speech processing available for both human intelligibility and ASR accuracy. Through strategic partnerships with domestic and international designers, manufacturers and distributors, Vianix® is supplying customers with the most innovative consumer electronic technology available.
Guided by the visionary leadership of Reza Hashampour, President and Chief Executive Officer, Vianix® has created a unique and innovative business model. Hashampour has assembled a team of seasoned industry professionals and has established strong strategic partnerships with many industry leaders. It is through this kind of forward thinking that Vianix® is able to focus its attention on developing unique, innovative, enterprise, industrial and consumer electronic technology. More information on Vianix® is available at http://www.vianix.com.
Vianix® and MASC® are registered trademarks of Vianix, LLC. All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For additional information please contact Bernard Brafman at bb (at) vianix.com or 757-321-9971.