Confessions of a Dining Hall Junkie
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 13, 2009
With New Year's resolutions fresh on everyone's minds, the team at iVillage, the leading women's online destination from NBC Universal, has launched a special site and community weight loss program designed to help women get the fit and fabulous body they desire -- without saying the word "diet." Aptly called NeverSayDiet.com (http://www.neversaydiet.com), this new health and fitness Web site spotlights:
- Simple step-by-step fun-filled workouts such as walking, dancing and even a beginner's guide to yoga and Pilates
- A handy toolbox featuring a Body Mass Index Calculator, Nutrition, Cholesterol & Fat Calculator, Snack Swapper and more
- Free streaming videos with easy-to-follow exercise instruction from fitness gurus such as Jillian Michaels and Leslie Sansone
- Healthy eating tips whether dining out or simply conquering a craving
- A Community Café offering up message boards, gifts, quizzes and other support, including three virtual coaches to help visitors reach their goals
- Body image features that showcase how one size does not fit all
- Inspirational real life success stories ranging from "Confessions of a Dining Hall Junkie" to "The Diabetes Diary"
In addition, NeverSayDiet.com has kicked off the NeverSayDiet Community Challenge, a free six-week weight loss program that lets participants eat the foods they love and still lose weight. This online weight loss program connects visitors with leading experts who provide daily health and fitness advice and motivation. It also offers interactive tools and a strong community of women who offer tips and support to help everyone stay focused and on track. To learn more and sign-up, visit our weight loss program page.
iVillage Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of NBC Universal, Inc., is the first and most established media company dedicated exclusively to connecting women at every stage of their lives. iVillage (http://www.ivillage.com) offers an authentic and robust community infused with compelling content from experts on health, parenting, pregnancy, beauty, style, fitness, relationships, food and entertainment. The site's interactive features include thousands of message boards and a wide variety of social networking tools, allowing women around the world to connect, share ideas, and seek advice and support about everything from fertility to fashion. Established in 1995, iVillage's brand extensions include iVillage UK, Your Total Health and owned sites Astrology.com and GardenWeb, in addition to the Newborn Channel. The company, acquired by NBC Universal, Inc. in May 2006, is based in New York.