New York, NY (PRWEB) January 16, 2009
For Dummies®, a branded imprint of John Wiley & Sons, Inc., announced today the relaunch of Dummies.com®, an ad-supported website that brings the world's most highly regarded reference series online - now with a robust offering of free how-to videos, knowledgeable bloggers, photo step-by-steps, and expanded instructional articles. As with the trusted For Dummies book series, Dummies.com enlists proven experts to distill complex subjects into concise, jargon-free steps that make learning how to do anything easier.
"We believe the new website offers visitors a compelling array of videos, articles, and visually rich tutorials that capture the lively yet authoritative style of the print Dummies guides - and make learning online easier," said Katherine Schowalter, SVP of Professional & Consumer Publications at Wiley. "Given the confusing mix of accurate and inaccurate information found on the Web, we are proud to present Dummies.com as a definitive, user-friendly resource that continues the tradition of the trusted Dummies brand."
Enhanced How-To Content Offering:
Boasting an updated user interface with easier access to an expanded selection of free content, the relaunched Dummies.com is unveiling a comprehensive offering of interactive tutorials to suit every learning style, including:
- How-to videos
- Articles written by experts in their fields
- Blogs from bestselling For Dummies authors
- Photo step-by-steps that illustrate how to complete projects simply
- A selection of topical Dummies.com newsletters
- Sweepstakes with premium prizes
In celebration of the new Dummies.com, For Dummies will host a special sweepstakes from January 1 through March 31, 2009. Consumers are invited to enter the sweepstakes up to once daily at http://www.dummies.com/go/sweepstakes for a chance to win a $5,000 grand prize or one of 90 instant prizes (total value: $8,000).
An All-Encompassing Resource For How To Do Everything:
- Business: From taking a business online to job hunting to managing personal finances, Dummies.com walks you through each goal with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Technology: Find guidance through big and small computer challenges, whether it comes to installing memory, web design best practices, or evaluating electronics for purchase.
- Hobbies and Leisure: Dummies.com offers consumers move-by-move advice on games and sports, great craft instructions, and advice for making the most of every vacation.
- Education: Equipping visitors with the know-how to master languages, standardized tests, and academic disciplines, Dummies.com enables students to take charge of their education.
- Food and Drink: From basic cooking techniques to cocktail mixing to low-stress recipes for every occasion, Dummies.com presents cooking novices with simple ways to maneuver the kitchen.
- Health: Discover new ideas for improving your overall wellness with Dummies.com resources on nutritional eating, effective exercise regimens, skin and body care.
- Home and Garden: Helping consumers make home sweeter, Dummies.com provides clearly articulated guides to home improvement, green living, interior decorating, and gardening.
- Creative Arts: From music to photography to creative writing, painting, and more, Dummies.com offers inspiration and practical information on basic techniques in the creative arts.
- Relationships and Family: Gain insight on how to navigate interpersonal relationships and manage family life, step by step.
- Religion and Spirituality: Understand diverse belief systems, religious writings, and philosophies through enlightening Dummies.com articles on spirituality.
Explore the new Dummies.com: http://www.dummies.com/Section/Explore-Dummies-com-How-To-Series.id-352013.html.
Reach An Engaged Audience:
Dummies.com offers an excellent opportunity for advertisers to reach a uniquely engaged audience of consumers seeking quality information from the For Dummies brand they have come to regard as synonymous with how-to.
Learn more about advertising with Dummies.com: http://www.dummies.com/Section/Advertise-with-Us.id-323939.html.
About For Dummies®
With near universal name recognition, more than 200 million copies printed, and over 1000 topics, For Dummies is the world's bestselling reference series. With loyal customers around the globe, For Dummies enriches people's lives by making knowledge accessible in a fun and easy way. Described by the New York Times as "more than a publishing phenomenon, but a sign of the times," For Dummies span every section of the bookstore, covering everything from health to history, music to math, sports to self-help, technology to travel, and more. The For Dummies brand has expanded into new products and categories with an extensive licensed product line, including fitness and hobby DVDs, grilling kits, business software, cleaning products, automotive kits, craft kits, and apparel. For more information, visit Dummies.com. For Dummies is a branded imprint of Wiley.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., provides must-have content and services to customers worldwide. Its core businesses include scientific, technical, and medical journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional and consumer books and subscription services; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley has publishing, marketing, and distribution centers in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb. For more information about Wiley, visit http://www.wiley.com.