Kissimmee, Fla. (PRWEB) January 13, 2009
Kissimmee Utility Authority (KUA) has released its 2009 calendar of electrical safety, featuring the winning entries from its annual student art contest.
The 12-month wall calendar is themed around electrical safety in the home and workplace.
This year, a total of 677 entries were received from 20 Osceola County elementary schools, including public, private and charter schools. KUA also received entries from nearly three dozen homeschooled students.
The featured student artists this year include:
- Chestnut Elementary School - Wilder Crespo, grade 4
- City of Life Christian Academy - Chloe Habibzadegan, grade 3; Isabella Pinero, grade 1
- Heritage Christian School - Jeremiah-Luke Gonzales, grade 5
- Kissimmee Charter Academy - Kevin Cruz, grade 3; Victoria Quezada, grade 3
- Kissimmee Elementary School - Kevin Chiang, kindergarten; Jailene Cuevas, grade 5; Michael Figueroa, grade 3; Maria Vázquez, grade 5
- P. M. Wells Charter Academy - Javier Martinez, grade 4
- Homeschooled - Katie Allen, grade 3
Copies of the calendar are available free of charge at KUA's customer service center, located at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee, while supplies last.
KUA's annual calendar project has received 45 local, state and national public relations and design awards since its inception in 1995.
Founded in 1901, KUA (http://www.kua.com) is Florida's sixth largest community-owned utility providing electric and telecommunication services to 170,000 residents in five Central Florida counties.