TennisMD.com will be the leading destination for tennis health, fitness and performance information for every player.
Easton, CT (PRWEB) January 19, 2009
SportsMD.com, the fast growing recreational sports health, fitness and medicine online destination, today announced the launch of its latest targeted health and nutrition site, TennisMD.com. TennisMD.com will be the first fully comprehensive health, fitness and medicine related website for the tennis community. The site will mirror the solid start that GolfersMD.com has had for the recreational golfer, with the latest information, training tips and safe and effective ways to overcome and avoid injury on the court. Traffic for GolfersMD.com, the official health and fitness content partner of The Golf Channel, has grown 25% per month in the golf playing season (through October). The site launched in January of 2008.
"Millions of tennis players want to become healthier and better fit, but they lack the right information and motivation to take action, " said Tom Carter, CEO SportsMD. "TennisMD.com will be the leading destination for tennis health, fitness and performance information for every player."
With all content provided free, no registration required, open forums for questions from players and an easily navigated site staffed with top sports medicine professionals and tennis instruction experts, TennisMD.com will fill an online resource sorely needed by an audience that is looking beyond equipment advances and highlight videos to improve their tennis game, and get effective answers, in many cases in real time.
The roster of medical experts on the TennisMD.com staff represents some of the top minds in the field of sports medicine. TennisMD.com's medical expertise includes:
- Vijay Vad, M.D.: The official physician to the ATP Tour for almost ten years
- Bob Donatelli, Ph.D.: One of the nation's top physical therapists, he has worked with the ATP and the Champions Tour, as well as with three MLB franchises.
- Randa Bascheron, M.D.: A Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon has worked with the WTA Tour, the Tennis Channel Open, the Dew Tour and other athletes
- Michael Miao, M.D.: A former Olympic swimmer, Dr. Miao is Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in the care of the knee and shoulder.
- Page Love: One of the nations leading sports nutritionists, Ms. Love has worked as the nutritionist for the US and Australian Opens as well as consulting with the ATP, WTA, USTA and many other organizations.
In addition, all health and medical content on TennisMD.com is powered by Healthwise the most widely read and well respected medical content providers on the web.
Highlights of the TennisMD.com destination include:
- The Best Streaming Video Community Section in Tennis- TennisMD.com will provide the most extensive library for on-line tennis fitness, with over 60 free medical and fitness related tennis videos available and the archives growing weekly
- Objective Content- All TennisMD.com content is objective and product and service agnostic. TennisMD.com receives no payment to review or sell products on the website
- Discussion Forums- Enthusiasts will be able to share and gather advice on a wide array of tennis-related health and medicine topics with fellow players as well as TennisMD.com's own experts
- Doctor Finder- TennisMD.com's own exclusive doctor finder can help players locate a tennis specialist in your area for any specific tennis-related injury.
TennisMD.com (http://www.tennismd.com) is a privately owned and funded portal and will be part of the SportsMD.com network of sites, all catering to a sports-specific enthusiast with the best information in injury care and prevention, as well as health and nutritional information. GolfersMD.com was the first portal launched in January, 2008, and has secured a partnership with The Golf Channel in its first year of operation. The official launch of SportsMD.com will be in April, 2009, with plans to roll out similarly targeted sites for cycling, martial arts, running and other recreational activities planned shortly thereafter.
# # #