The last 24 months have ushered in significant changes in the performance management vendor landscape -- in particular, the formation of the 'Big Three' mega-vendors
Stamford, CT (PRWEB) January 21, 2009
BPM Partners, the leading independent authority on business performance management (BPM) solutions, is holding the seventh annual Beyond the Hype webcast, on Thursday January 22, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. EST. The online event reviews the leading BPM vendors with an update on their progress, positioning, and vision, and offers CFOs and other performance-minded executives an opportunity to better understand the BPM vendor landscape. The webcast also includes an end-user driven ranking of the importance and value of new product features.
"The last 24 months have ushered in significant changes in the performance management vendor landscape -- in particular, the formation of the 'Big Three' mega-vendors," said Craig Schiff, CEO, BPM Partners. "The emergence of a class of large solution suppliers demonstrates that BPM has crossed over into the mainstream of standard business applications."
This year's Beyond the Hype webcast will address questions like:
- How are the mega-vendors faring in their product rationalization?
- What unique capabilities do the more specialized vendors bring to the table?
- How has the global economic shift impacted performance management projects?
- How anxious are companies about the changes in reporting standards through IFRS?
- Are end users sticking with their current vendors or are they open to new vendors as new "rationalized" product roadmaps result in the retirement of many older performance management platforms?
- The webcast also reveals the list of the "core" performance management and business intelligence vendors for 2009 -- those vendors most companies must consider in their evaluations, as well as highlighting outstanding new and specialized vendors.
"In today's economy, companies cannot afford to select a vendor that is not optimized for their business, or select a solution based solely upon vendor marketing hype," said Jack Sweeney, editor-in-chief of Business Finance magazine. Business Finance will be co-hosting the event. "Events like Beyond the Hype are an important part of the due diligence every company should be performing as they prepare to implement a BPM program."
Participants can expect specific, actionable information that will assist them in successfully implementing their current or future performance management initiative. Beyond the Hype is the name given to BPM Partners' signature series of articles, white papers and webcasts that review and grade the BPM vendor community, providing implementers with an impartial, objective view of the marketplace.
About BPM Partners
BPM Partners is the leading independent authority on business performance management (BPM) solutions. The company helps companies address their budgeting, planning, financial reporting, regulatory compliance, profitability optimization, key performance indicator (KPI) development, and operational performance challenges with vendor-neutral experts who guide companies through their BPM initiatives from start to finish. BPM Partners has specialized services that lead clients through project justification, requirements definition, vendor selection and deployment of departmental or enterprise-wide BPM or business intelligence (BI) systems. For further details, go to http://www.bpmpartners.com.
# # #