Letterkenny, Donegal (PRWEB) January 20, 2009
3D Issue, a digital magazine software solution, has taken a fresh approach in providing their digital magazine publishers with those vital reader tracking reports & statistics. They have done this in a way that ensures these reports are free, market validated and require no hosting, no maintenance, no set-up, no training and in a manner that only the client can possibly have access to.
How & why have they done this?
Paul Mc Nulty, CEO of 3D Issue, says "In November 2008, Google and Adobe announced the launch of Event Tracking, a new feature to the google analytics that would allow flash authors, for the first time, to have events & actions from within flash applications collected and posted to their analytics account. What this means is that now we can record everything a reader does while interacting with our digital editions in a way that protects the privacy of the user."
"We are a software company and not a service. We sell customers a solution that allows them to easily create host and own their digital magazines. We already had a statistics solution that we offered to clients that they could host by themselves, but when we researched this 'event tracking' from google and realized that when added to the existing ability of google analytics, we seen that there was no comparison. Google analytics can offer so much more. So we instantly decided that 'if you can't beat them, join them'.
"As we are a software solution and not a service, we decided that the 3D Issue software would be more valuable if we could provide our customers with the ability to integrate their digital editions with their existing google analytics account. It's free, market validated & already familiar to them. They can access these stats at anytime, anywhere and generate multiple formats of reports.
"We reconfigured our software to ensure that users can easily set their digital magazine to communicate with the analytics account. Now, using our 3D Issue Professional, all you need to do is enter your Google analytics ID one time and that's it. We have configured our flash magazine to collect as much information as possible. Stats such as:
- Where your readers are logging in from
- How long they spend reading your magazines
- Total number of readers per issue
- Percentage of new readers per issue
- Percentage of repeat readers per issue
- How many times readers zoom in on each page
- Average number of pages read per visit
- Which pages the reader skipped to
- Which pages the reader zoomed in on
- Which audio files the reader played
- Which video files the reader played
- Which flash movies the reader played
- Which websites the reader visited
- What comments the reader forwarded
- What addresses the reader sent emails to
- What keywords the reader searched for
- How often the reader used thumbnail navigation
- How many readers used the exit button
- How many readers skipped to other editions
- How many readers altered the settings
- What pages the readers printed
- What articles in the contents menu the reader clicked on
- From which page the reader initiated the send to friend feature
- We have a video on the tutorials page that will demonstrate how this works. Click Here to visit our video tutorial page.
3D Issue is one of the only digital magazine solutions on the market that is a product and not a service. 3D Issue Professional allows you to create, host and own the complete PDF to flash magazine process. Free trial version of the software is available from their website: http://www.3dissue.com