MarketScope for Price Optimization and Management, 2008
Palo Alto, Calif. (PRWEB) January 19, 2009
Vendavo®, the leading provider of business-to-business price management and optimization solutions, today announced continued rapid growth and record revenue in 2008. Building on its strong performance in 2007, Vendavo increased license bookings by more than 99% and total bookings by more than 68% in 2008, making 2008 the most successful year in the company's history. This growth, in a very challenging economy, reflects the rapidly-expanding recognition of price management and optimization as one of the most strategic levers that businesses have to boost revenue and increase operating profits.
Vendavo 2008 highlights include:
- 99% increase in license bookings over 2007, almost doubling the prior year's level
- 68% increase in total bookings over 2007
- Continued investment from existing customers driven by depth and breadth of deployments
- Released Vendavo Enterprise Pricing Suite Version 7 - the latest version of the company's price management and optimization solution
- Received "positive" rating from Gartner in "MarketScope for Price Optimization and Management, 2008" report
- Hosted more than 200 attendees at 4th Annual User Conference, Vendavo Summit 2008 with keynote address by Charlie Peters, member of the board of directors at Emerson
- Expanded management team by appointing Jonathon Knight as Senior Vice President of Global Solutions Delivery
- Established Strategic Customer Organization and appointed Jennifer Maul as Chief Customer Officer
"Our success in 2008 was driven by increasing awareness of pricing as a key profitability lever and by the value that our customers are realizing from their investments in Vendavo. Our customers are leveraging pricing to not just weather the economic downturn, but also to thrive and gain a competitive advantage in the long term," said Al Crites, chief executive officer of Vendavo.
"We are committed to providing innovative price management and optimization solutions that provide tangible and measurable results for our customers. Because we're solving fundamental business issues for our customers, we're experiencing great success as a company and we look forward to continuing to set the bar for the pricing industry," continued Crites.
The MarketScope is copyrighted 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The MarketScope is an evaluation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the MarketScope, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest rating. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Vendavo is the leading provider of price management and optimization solutions for business-to-business companies worldwide. Vendavo Enterprise Pricing Suite solves pricing problems by giving businesses true enterprise-wide control of their entire pricing process. It combines pricing science, pricing best practices, and enterprise-class software to drive small improvements in average prices at every stage of the pricing process, from segmentation to deal close. Together, these improvements deliver big increases in profits - from 10% to 30%. Vendavo is the enterprise pricing solution of choice for more than 140 customer divisions at some of the world's biggest names in chemicals, high-tech and industrial manufacturing, consumer products, mill products and distribution. SAP resells the Vendavo solution to its customers under its own name, SAP Price and Margin Management. To learn more, or to request information, visit http://www.vendavo.com.
Greenough Communications for Vendavo
gbender at greenoughcom dot com
# # #